Fast food help

Options
So, my family goes out to eat a lot, and lately I have been just avoiding eating whenever we go out, telling them I'm not hungry etc. But lately they have gotten suspicious, and I was wondering if anyone knows any healthy fast food restaurants or healthy choices from popular places (ie. Friendly's, Dennys, Ruby tuesdays, TGI Fridays, McDonalds, Wendys, BK, Long John Silvers, Taco bell, Arby's etc.) Thanks in advance for all the help!:smile:

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Just about every fast food and chain restaurant has their nutrition information online. And just about every place has at least a couple of choices that are lower calorie. Spend some time looking at the info and make a list of healthy choices from each place your family likes to go so you are always prepared.
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Most of those places have nutritional information online. If you can find out where you are going, you can look up online before you all go and find something that fits into your caloric needs. Then when you go you'll know what to order.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    mcdonalds- try getting a happy meal.......... its portion controlled and chicken nuggets are the lowest calorie option of happy meal. at least you still have a treat :-)

if not i tend to have a hot milky coffee with a meal, warm milk fills me up alot so i eat less xx
  • SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Take a salad instead of the fries, and drink preferably water or at least a diet soda (not a fan of these, but however).

Apart from that, like already mentioned a couple of times, they have their nutrition information freely available.
  • x_Shruti_x
    x_Shruti_x Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    when i know i'm going out for dinner i tend to step up the exercise a little bit and look online for the nutrition info and pick in advance :) Also you will find that you eat more when you go out than you do at home so assess how much you think you realistically need to eat. For example, 'do i really need those extra chips on the side?'
    Good luck :)
  • todietfor
    Options
    Like others have said, try to look up any nutritional info beforehand (Friday's and Applebee's and Chili's particularly, can be killer in terms of calories.)

When eating out, skip any bread/butter appetizer, and just be conscious of how things are prepared. If you get a salad, get dressing on the side and think about the toppings (croutons and cheese can add a lot of cals, for example). If you can get something grilled or steamed veggies, usually that's the safest.