Replacements for buns?

Options
2»

Replies

• shagybear33
    Options
    Try the Muffin in a Minute.

3tbsp ground flaxseed meal (golden tastes the best)
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp splenda
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 large egg
    1 tsp butter

mix the dry ingredients in a cup or bowl. add the egg and butter. mix well, microwave for 1 minute or until spongy, but not too firm.

I use a small bowl and then cut it in half and use the two slices for bread or buns etc :D
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    It can cause more harm than good in all actuality. If you don't have an intolerance or a disease like celiac disease, then why go gluten free? People think that's it's just healthy and good for them, in reality it's not. Just my opinion. Cutting it off can actually lead you to have an intolerance if you pick it up again years later or whenever.

IDK if I have an intolerance exactly, cuz I've not been diagnosed. But I had been getting pains in my right side and would feel pressure all over my stomach. I began to notice it happened after I ate bread. My friend has an intolerance and told me when she eats gluten it does the exact same thing to her. As soon as I stopped eating gluten, the episodes stopped.
    After being told some things out of wheat belly, I dont think it's good for you though.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    tortillas or lettuce, don't try gluten free without your doctor's opinion. It's not good for EVERYONE.

Already tried lettuce, too bland. What do u mean, it's not good for everyone?

Gluten free is good for everyone. Some people are just in such denial. NO ONE needs grains. <sigh>

I still like brown rice & quinoa, but I agree about GF being good for everyone.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Use portabella mushrooms. Pick ones about the size of buns. Super yummy.

Yes, I was going to mention this, but got flustered with the other comment someone else had made.

Grill them along side your other burgers.

Genius guys!! I will most def try this!
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Use portabella mushrooms. Pick ones about the size of buns. Super yummy.

Yes, I was going to mention this, but got flustered with the other comment someone else had made.

Grill them along side your other burgers.

sorry for flustering you LOL. Like i said, my opinion. I never said you NEED anything either. I just know I won't go 'whatever' free unless i had to. I don't want to limit myself to I can have this, or I can't have that. There's no need.

I've cut things out of my diet or severely limited other things. It's all ab being healthy imo.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Gluten free buns

Problem is I cannot find those anywhere. Ordering things online get expensive because of shipping and such.

Do you cook? There are tons of recipes online for making your own.

I do cook but I'm trying to look for an alt to bread like things, u kno? I feel like I spend a lot of time in the kitchen already lol I like easy especially since goin back to school.
  • Blunderguff
    Options
    sweet peppers. Cut the side off and use it

This sounds really good. I have always used portabellas for my buns. Never thought of using a sweet bell pepper.
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for whipping up a batch of oopsie rolls. Do a google search and you will find step by step instructions, with many beautiful pictures of how nice they are. Very easy and simple to make, but only if you can tolerate dairy.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    bacon

I usually just don't use a bun. I just use a fork and knife. I find lettuce to be in my way and gluten free buns taste a lot like sponges. Just enjoy your burger as nature intended :)
  • I've recently went gluten free due to the fact that I think I've developed an intolerance to it. I like to eat turkey burgers and I've used lettuce as a replacement for a bun, but it tastes to bland. Any other gluten free options?
    Try an English Muffin
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I've recently went gluten free due to the fact that I think I've developed an intolerance to it. I like to eat turkey burgers and I've used lettuce as a replacement for a bun, but it tastes to bland. Any other gluten free options?
    Try an English Muffin

...I hope you mean a gluten free one...
  • juncture
    juncture Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Gluten free is good for everyone. Some people are just in such denial. NO ONE needs grains. <sigh>

I wouldn't say that gluten free is "good" for everyone, I wouldn't say it was bad for everyone, for most people going gluten free would not really affect them and therefore that would make gluten free value free in terms of goodness or badness, for people who have an issue with it and cutting it out makes them better than it would be good (providing they are still getting a healthy, balance diet)
  • shorty35565
    Options
    bacon

I usually just don't use a bun. I just use a fork and knife. I find lettuce to be in my way and gluten free buns taste a lot like sponges. Just enjoy your burger as nature intended :)

haha I dont eat pork. :P
    That 97% fat free turkey is super bland. I dont wanna eat it by itself LOL