Anyone else have this problem?

incircles_lp2
incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I was just curious if anyone else experiences severe knee pain after walking for several hours? I walk at work all day and my right knee always gives me issues. It almost feels like it is sprained, but i don't believe it is? Maybe I just walk differently with my right leg. I also get strong pelvic pain (right at the joints) after walking more than 3 hours straight. I typically walk 5-6 hours at work 4 days a week (out in the woods).

Thanks!

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    I have always gotten knee pain like that, but it's from buckling my legs when I stand.. Anywho, I do pritty all right with a knee brace when the pain is getting really bad and naggy. It actually helps a lot though.. Like it's giving it a lil more support. Hope this helps.
  • Wow. Wish I could get back into walking like that again. You're lucky. Are you able to stretch your legs and hips while walking? I always have to do that when I walk for long periods of time; at least for 10 min every hour. It really helps. As for the pain, do your shoes fit properly? Are they old? I find that when my knees and hips start to hurt it's time to get new shoes. Don't know if any of this helps but I wish you luck in finding relief! -Mary
  • routsongk
    routsongk Posts: 15 Member
    I get pain in my right knee and my left hip, but orthotics (custom arch supports) seem to help. Perhaps you should go see a podiatrist to see if they might help you.
  • karliq
    karliq Posts: 1
    HI!

I get knee problems like that too. I cant even straighten out my leg and if I do I feel like I have a sprain as well. I just got new shoes and they have the correct support. maybe you should try that. It's helping with the pain for me. I also ice my knee when I get home from work and elevate it. Good luck!:smile:
This discussion has been closed.