Motivated but friendless

Options
I have been dabbling with the MFP program on my phone and Kindle Fire, but never tried the friends and community features... I would love to find some people who can relate to what it feels like to be 60 plus overweight and maybe get some motivation to continue. I believe that a positive, faith-filled attitude really has helped me cope, but now I find that without a healthy life-style, that positive attitude can only go so far before the fat person in the mirror tries to drag me down... I want to do better... I am over 50, but would love to have friends from all ages.

Replies

• sweetpea44813
    Options
    Hi there, well I've just started using MFP, under the supervision of my doctors. Due to having a mild heart attack. I need to lose at least 60+ but am just happy loosing a little. I've lost a few pounds since the beginning of August. I don't have much in the way of friends on here so thought maybe you would like a little help and motivation from here. I know that I could sure use it.
  • IleanaMargot
    IleanaMargot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the same road as most here. Looking to drop 70+ lbs and have found some great friends here on MFP. Feel free to add me. :O)
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi....you are no longer "friendless"...feel free to add me too! We can all use each other's support!
  • wanarun
    wanarun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, it feel like such a long road ahead. I just started and need to lose 100lbs. I take that back 97 heehee. Take it in chunks, make small goals, reward yourself. The first ten I lose I am going to buy myself something that is $10.00 you know stuff like that. You can be your best friend, and I can be your fiend too!
  • sarrylove
    Options
    I will add you!! I've lost about 36 lbs so far, but still have about 40-50 more to lose!! Together, we can do this :)
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I'm in the same boat. I'm 52, motivated and friendless too. I'm looking to loose 60 - 70 more pounds.
  • tugman225
    Options
    Hello All. I guess we're all in this together. I've got 100 pounds to lose, lost 15 so far, but "fell off the wagon" over the past few days, gained 9 back, so hitting it hard again this week. I just keep plugging along. I pray we all reach our goal.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love the motivation that my MFP friends provide! I've lost about 75 pounds - most of it before getting serious about MFP. Now that I'm at a healthy weight, I'm finding MFP extremely helpful learning how to deal with maintenance. I am realizing that if I want to keep the weight off, I'm going to have to keep track of what I eat and how I exercise on a permanent, ongoing basis. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! 70 lbs to lose and just started MFP. Feel free to add me!
  • jamespolitics
    Options
    I am just starting as well. Please feel free to add me good luck with your journey. I myself have about 80 pounds to lose.

James
  • shay0425
    Options
    I just started today and need to lose around 100 lbs so count me in! I really need the motivation!