binged

Options
Ugh. I gained all my weight from binge eating and I've been working so hard to get rid of the weight. I've been doing so well for 3 months and have lost like 15 lbs but I find myself slipping this weekend. The past two nights I overate but tonight was an all out BINGE where I just completely gorged myself. I hate myself right now for allowing all my hard work to go to waste. I don't want to put all the weight back on that I lost but when I eat this bad it comes on QUICKLY. I feel like all my hard work is ruined and I'm just so mad at myself right now. I thought my binging days were over but when I drink alcohol I just lose all control.

Replies

• MerBear1985
    Options
    Try not to be so hard on yourself. This is a journey...sometimes a long one. One night is just that, one night out of soooooooo many. The important thing is that you are realizing your triggers and can now work on how to avoid them. This one night won't completely erase your progress, as long as you can pick yourself up again and do your best tomorrow! Every day is a new day and you will get it, just hang in there!
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    exercise is your friend,walk,walk,walk or whatever,but push yourself away from the keyboard,and table,and go,,,,,
  • venetianz
    venetianz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Its a new day. Start it with a different attitude.You made the same mistake i made but im keeping my head high and going on healthy today, join me as we change our lives. binging is a life long struggle. You have no idea how many times i had to start afresh after i lost a lot of weight and binged myself back and sometimes even gaining more. So i know how you feel. I feel you.
  • Honey, you can't have lost 15lbs in 3 months and gained it back in one weekend. Don't worry. You've got it out of your system now and you're going to start over fresh. Weigh yourself again in a week and see what happend.

I bet if you make a big number 2 you'll have lost almost all that 'gained' weight. Don't beat yourself up so much!! :flowerforyou:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The good news is that you definitely didn't gain back 17 pounds of fat in bad weekend! The scale may reflect a large increase for a few days as your body processes the food that is currently in your digestive tract. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water to flush out excess salt that was consumed during your binge. Bad choices happen to the best of us but don't let this deter you from your achieving your goals.
  • georgie181
    Options
    I have had a bad 3-4 days! I have been up and down for 2 years and this last part of the journey seems the hardest! I work out hard 3-5 times a week for an hour and eat healthily but keep losing my way, late at night is my hardest hurdle, I am trying to go to bed earlier in order to tackle this!!! I don't know its obviously psychological and to do with not quite feeling good enough to be fit and healthy. I eat stuff I know will cripple me in the morning with stomach pain (gluten intolerent!) and at the time find it soooo hard to stop myself, its almost mindless, withh no thought to the consequences, just the need to consume!!! good luck I am starting a fresh today like so many times before, I won't give up and neither should you ;) x
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm at the same place this weekend. A bad binge on Saturday followed up with a day spent at an outdoor music festival. It's that you worry about the habits, that you thought were under control, coming back.

But all the people saying to move forward are right. Just hand in there, you have lots of support.