Can't lose weight!!

Options
So it seems that no matter how well I eat or how much I exercise my weight doesn't change. I generally eat well and since I have started this I am eating even better. I try to workout at least four times a week. I am at the point where I feel I will never have the body I want.

Replies

• amdizzy
    Options
    Have you have your thyroid checked? It could be out of whack. Stay strong. You will get there.
  • 11gethealthy11
    11gethealthy11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did experience the same thing. I then realized that the things I was doing when I worked out was building muscle. Remember muscle weighs more than fat. I was losing fat but replacing with muscle so it was basically a wash. Now, instead of eating lunch during the day I work out with a personal trainer. I find that working out during the day kills my appetite and my tendency to eat poorly. After my workout, I eat a granola bar and drink tea. At night, I run 5 set of 5 mins on treadmill and do 400 sit ups and 100 push ups in any combo. This second workout at night is designed to make me leaner. I have lost 6lbs in one month while building muscle.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Dont fret -- little by little you will get there... have you gone back and looked at your food logs (sodium, fat, carbs etc) and really looked at what you are eating. Are you weighing and measuring and are you being honest when you log the foods? Are you sneaking bites of things that maybe you dont even realize?
    Exercising 4 times a week is great - but what is your intensity when you are exercising? Are you really going to your potential? And o nthe days that you arent exercising - maybe you need to do something some sort of movement.
    If you are really doing all of this, really honestly and you arent losing weight - maybe there is a medical issue. but, I bet that if you look back at the last few weeks there are places you can get better at.
    I write this from experience...a few months back before I joined MFP I could have wrote this post...I swore I couldnt lose, I was eating great I was exercising - why wasnt I losing. But I wasnt being honest. Id write down a salad and all of that but then I wouldnt right down the 2 spoonfuls of mac and cheese when making my kids dinner, or the 1/2 cookie that I picked up from my daughter, or the sugar in my tea. Once I really started to be honest and track it (with calories protein etc) I started losing.
    Hang in there dont give up!!!
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    make sure you take your measurments as well. You will be surprised that even when the scale is the same, your measurments are going down.
    And make sure you keep track of everything that goes in your mouth! I was surpirsed at how a bite of this, and finishing my kids plates added up.
    Good luck!
  • Midg
    Midg Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks so much for all the suggestions!! I will definitely take them all into consideration.