how much weight have you lost in a month?

Options
13»

Replies

• SanjiSun
    SanjiSun Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think that should be rather related to natural fluctuation of your weight, a single donut cannot in any universe cause you to gain 3 pounds. roughly 10500 calories are needed for 3 pounds.. that must have been a huuuuuuuuge donut ;-)
  • ErikaAvp88
    ErikaAvp88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost 19 lbs in my first month
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8 lbs in the last 4 weeks. :):):)
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm losing more or less steadily at 4-4.5 lbs per month. I'm confortable with that.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I just recently got back on the wagon. It hasn't yet been a month. I believe I have another week to go.
    So far, I've lost 12lbs.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale though: water retention, digestion, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose weight when they eat more because of these fluctuations.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body has to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time. You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong.

So did all these ladies ---> http://www.venusindex.com/transformation-contest/

If you want to learn the real truth invest in this. I gain nothing by it, but I am passionate about other people finding the same success I did and learning all the myths floating about in the diet industry that is designed to keep getting your money over and over. --- > http://www.anythinggoesdiet.com/no-diet-rules-allowed.php (This is NOT about eating junk food!)

My story here --> http://www.venusindex.com/roberta-saums-venus-index-transformation/

Oh yeah and you can do this WITHOUT a personal trainer or coaching. Read the book, it explains the answers, done. Then just do it. Of course the superior designed workout helps as well.

-Bobbie
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    lost 23.6 pounds
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    in 4 weeks i lost 7lbs
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    16.5 my first month. I'm really looking forward to see how much I loose in the second month!

(The other 10 I lost a few months ago)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I think that should be rather related to natural fluctuation of your weight, a single donut cannot in any universe cause you to gain 3 pounds. roughly 10500 calories are needed for 3 pounds.. that must have been a huuuuuuuuge donut ;-)

I'd hope so! I didn't eat that many calories in this weekend alone. It was a 400 calorie donut (chocolate icing and peanut butter filling, yum) though and I compensated by eating half of my lunch. Although I would like to see how big that donut would have to be to have THAT many calories. In any event, I'll just cut down on sodium and carbs and see if that helps with the fluctuations. :P
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I lost on average 8lbs a month by cutting portions, cutting alcohol and adding exercise , not mad diets I still ate what ever I wanted but sensibly. I was happy to go slowly as I believed it would stay off if I adjusted my bad habits and guess what I was right. I have kept that weight off for 8 months and also I avoided saggy skin! Be careful with big losses, may be good in the short term but can you keep up in the long term?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!