Diary help

Options
Could evrybody please check out my diay and give me opinions? I am trying to tone up and lose a bit more weight. How are my numbers? Are my sugar/salt/carb and fat levels OK? I would like lots of opinions, becasue quite frankly, I am totally lost.

PS. I am an 18 year old, 5'7" 134 pound female. Looking to get a lean 125 pounds.

PSS I am also trying to get new ideas for lunch/breakfast/dinner. I have been eatin ght esame thing alot, and I pre-plan my days, so any ideas would be great!

Replies

• Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Anybody???
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Drink water and add some exercise that you enjoy so that you will stay with it.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Drink water and add some exercise that you enjoy so that you will stay with it.

I drink tons of water and I am working on adding more exercise, but I am really just toning, which I don't usually add, I do about 130 minutes of toning exercises a week (I am a beginner)
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Your food looks great, I agree with plenty of water and more exercise...good luck
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    More water! haha. But to me, it looks like you're eating a well balanced diet. My only suggestion is to really, really, really try to hit at least 1,200 calories a day --- particularly on days when you are exercising. I definitely understand not being hungry some days, but it makes a WORLD of difference when you at least take in 1,200 a day. Just a friendly suggestion :) Best of luck, keep up the good work!
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I looked over a few days of your diary and you eat really healthy! The only thing I could suggest (and I am reaching !) is that you may be eating too few calories, you may try eating your exercise calories back and maybe that will bump up your weight loss. I don't do this but Im older that you and my metabolism is much slower! Maybe if you eat more you will lose more weight. Other than that sweetie I cant seem to see anything else, you're diary looks really great !
  • blueroses_78
    Options
    Looks okay. Try lowering the carbs/refined sugars and increasing the protein a little more. See if that helps. I also notice that there are several days that you aren't close to your calorie goal. MFP programs in your needed caloric deficit, so if you have the calories, USE them! I try to get within 100 or less of my calorie goal each day. It makes sure that I'm not switching over to starvation mode. My body switches pretty easily, so I have to be on top of it pretty strict.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Then the only thing you might try is lowering your carbs. The water wasn't tracked so I had no way of knowing.
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion for meal ideas is to check out other peoples diarys...mine open so feel free to check it out for meal ideas. Also there are threads on the message boards about meals and recipe ideas so you may want to check those our too...good luck :bigsmile:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    When you say you are looking to "tone up" that implies that you want to increase lean body mass (LBS) a little bit. It will be extremely hard to do this eating at or below 1200 cals per day and consuming such small amounts of protein. If you want to increase LBM your deficit should come more from exercise than such stringent caloric restriction.
  • nsmith6325
    Options
    If you want to be "lean" you must add cardio and strength training to your routine. Other than that you look like you have decent balance. I would make some different choices but they are all personal preference for instance I would eliminate the cereal and add oatmeal (often with a tsp of natural peanut butter) for breakfast. But again that is personal preference. Nice work.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    When you say you are looking to "tone up" that implies that you want to increase lean body mass (LBS) a little bit. It will be extremely hard to do this eating at or below 1200 cals per day and consuming such small amounts of protein. If you want to increase LBM your deficit should come more from exercise than such stringent caloric restriction.

Thanks, I am really trying to up my calories, but I had an eating disorder that I guess is not completely cleared up. I am actually already toning in some areas. I don't wear bikinis or anything, so I want to look OK naked, I would just like to be able to not have rolls show through my clothes, and not jiggle when I walk. But what I am eating right now is a HUGH improvement from the 700 calories a day I was eating a month ago. I DO track water, just haven't yet today.
  • Pandasarecool
    Options
    Bump, for more thoughts...