50lbs lost and never coming back! (Still in progress!)

Options
I figured it was about time to post an "in progress" picture and my story. I'm not quite where I want to be, but I'm very happy with my how far I have gotten! This summer I gave myself a big push to lose as much weight as possible before going back to school (which is in 2 days!) I'm 5' 9 and a half and I tipped the scales last summer at 252lbs, 3 months after my knee surgery (ACL reconstruction) where I was pretty much imobile, now I'm currently sitting around 201-202lbs. I started at a size 16/18 and am now 11/12 soon to be 10! (which is my current goal) My ideal weight would be 175lbs seeing as I have a very broad bone structure anyway.

I would like to encourage everyone out there that weightloss is very possible without starving yourself. Go take a look at my diary, I most definitely induldged, drank and had a good time this summer and still lost 30+ pounds! It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Those days where you would rather not move off the couch just push yourself and go for a walk/run/workout.

I gotta say, Jillian Michaels is a pain in the a** but she certainly kicked my butt to shred inches and pounds! I paired her dvds with a whole LOT of cardio. I'm actually currently training for the 5k run for the cure. In April I'd be lucky if I were even capable of running for 2 minutes!

*I do have in progress Jillian michaels pics but they're on my camera which is on the missing list right now!*

I plan on doing the same thing next summer and hopefully I'll have another success story to post for you all. (Fingers crossed!) I need to thank everyone elses success stories on here, you guys are unreal inspiration and keep it up!

This is me in the same dress almost exactly one year apart, this was pretty shocking to me (sorry about the tacky mirror self pic)
2dhbf2f.png
20zptdx.png

I'm in purple, this is right after I tore my ACL again at rugby nationals

okzek2.jpg

This is 2 weeks ago!
2d6lgfc.jpg

This is my first time posting pics hopefully I got it right!

Replies

• paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I figured it was about time to post an "in progress" picture and my story. I'm not quite where I want to be, but I'm very happy with my how far I have gotten! This summer I gave myself a big push to lose as much weight before going back to school (which is in 2 days!) I'm 5' 9 and a half and I tipped the scales last summer at 252lbs, 3 months after my knee surgery (ACL reconstruction) where I was pretty much imobile, now I'm currently sitting around 201-202lbs. I started at a size 16/18 and am now 11/12 soon to be 10! (which is my current goal) My ideal weight would be 175lbs seeing as I have a very broad bone structure anyway.

I would like to encourage everyone out there that weightloss is very possible without starving yourself. Go take a look at my diary, I most definitely induldge, drank and had a good time this summer and still lost 30+ pounds! It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Those days where you would rather not move off the couch just push yourself and go for a walk/run/workout.

I gotta say, Jillian Michaels is a pain in the a** but she certainly kicked my butt to shred inches and pounds! I paired her dvds with a whole LOT of cardio. I'm actually currently training for the 5k run for the cure. In April I'd be lucky if I were even capable of running for 2 minutes!

*I do have in progress Jillian michaels pics but they're on my camera which is on the missing list right now!*

I plan on doing the same thing next summer and hopefully I'll have another success story to post for you all. (Fingers crossed!) I need to thank everyone elses success stories on here, you guys are unreal inspiration and keep it up!

This is me in the same dress almost exactly one year apart, this was pretty shocking to me (sorry about the tacky mirror self pic)
    2dhbf2f.png

okzek2.jpg

This is 2 weeks ago!
    2d6lgfc.jpg

gr8 job
  • Fathima0712
    Fathima0712 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I figured it was about time to post an "in progress" picture and my story. I'm not quite where I want to be, but I'm very happy with my how far I have gotten! This summer I gave myself a big push to lose as much weight before going back to school (which is in 2 days!) I'm 5' 9 and a half and I tipped the scales last summer at 252lbs, 3 months after my knee surgery (ACL reconstruction) where I was pretty much imobile, now I'm currently sitting around 201-202lbs. I started at a size 16/18 and am now 11/12 soon to be 10! (which is my current goal) My ideal weight would be 175lbs seeing as I have a very broad bone structure anyway.

I would like to encourage everyone out there that weightloss is very possible without starving yourself. Go take a look at my diary, I most definitely induldge, drank and had a good time this summer and still lost 30+ pounds! It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Those days where you would rather not move off the couch just push yourself and go for a walk/run/workout.

2dhbf2f.png
    20zptdx.png

okzek2.jpg

This is 2 weeks ago!
    2d6lgfc.jpg
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    You look amazing--keep up the good work!!!
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!:drinker:
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    A girl after my own heart - "I most definitely indulge, drank and had a good time this summer "

You look fab! congrats on the loss. adding you for additional mfpinspiration. (that's a real word)
  • katie190177
    katie190177 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I would love to have some more friends and inspiration on here!
  • misslegz
    misslegz Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...your hard work has paid off. You look great!!! Keep up the good work!!

12309460.png
  • slimmom2b
    Options
    Great job!
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats lady! You look amazing!!!!! No fake super hot! Keep up the great work! :D
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing :)
  • newmrsdec10
    newmrsdec10 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats to you and thanks for sharing!
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    great job your doing awsome!!!
  • katie190177
    katie190177 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just thought I'd add an update! I have officially reached one-derland! I also just recently completed a 40 minute run, which is the longest continuous run of my life, even before my knee surgery! Woohoo!
  • minnielovesmickey
    Options
    You really do look fabulous!

Thanks for sharing xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!