What is your reasons for losing weight?

Options
I would love to hear what some of yall's reasons for losing weight/getting healthy?

Mine are...I got diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic this past October at the age of 22. Then came the high blood pressure medicine. I got married March 6, 2012 and we wanna start our family but before trying for a baby I need to get my health under control. My doctor already told me that I HAVE to get off my high blood pressure medicine before even thinking of getting pregnant. I also am so sick of feeling tried and no energy all the time. I wanna be full of life and not be so lazy!

SSSSOOooo what are yalls?

Replies

• kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Some of my reasons for losing weight is to be healthy and i do enjoy exercise ~
    One of my main reasons is my 3 neices and my 1 nephew ~ They are my babies and i want to always be around for them ~
  • Paullei
    Options
    If I don't lose the weight, I will be cheating myself and my family. The extra 100+ pounds has robbed me of energy and contributed to aggravated aches / pains and other health issues. I want to have the energy to keep play with my 2 yr granddaughter and just be able to enjoy life in general.
  • Mommypeanut
    Options
    Because the fat me isn't as happy as the thin me.
    My five babies.
    Feel attractive to my husband again.
    Need more energy to pursue all my interests.
  • sarrylove
    Options
    My main reason is to get healthy and feel good about myself!! I'm young and I want to live a long, happy life and be able to have kids down the road and grow up with them. I also just want to feel good in my clothes and feel good when I go out. I don't want to feel self conscious anymore!!
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Working on serious issues in my own life and the first step is to make myself feel good about me on the outside!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have all the usual reasons like wanting to like my body, being around to watch my children grow up and set good examples for them.

Although lately I have had one more reason. My sister who is only in her early 30 had trouble concieving and has been told that it's likely she will need egg donation to concieve as her FSH levels are indicating early menopause (they have been through failed IVF).

The clinics here will only let you donate eggs with a BMI of under 30. As the waiting list in our area for egg donars is over a year I am hoping that I can get my BMI to 30 and donate for her (currently at 36!!)
  • Converse00
    Converse00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My reason is to get in shape and feel great!
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Simplest reason - I am not happy with my body. I do not feel that I am taken seriously as a "fat person" professionally. I realize I can't go theough life living the way I do, and I have to make changes. I also want to set a good example for my daughter. I want to have more kids, but I want to be in better shape so I am stronger for labor. I had complications with the epidural last time, so if I can avoid one next time I will. I feel if I am physically stronger that will help.
  • My_Own_Hero
    Options
    I'm losing weight to be healthy and strong, as well as for vanity. However, another huge reason is because I'm really interested in running races and eventually competing in triathlons (after I learn how to swim, of course), and I know that it would be a lot easier for me to do these things if I didn't carry excess weight.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a PT Test every 6 months: pushups, situps, and run. While I don't need to lose a lot of weight, I have trouble maintaining the muscle. I don't want to go into every test worrying I can't do it. I'm sick of that.

On top of that, I have chronic back and hip pain. The hip hurts when I workout, but I've learned to suck it up and use the heating pads and pain meds. The back pain is serious and chronic. If I don't workout and stay strong, I'm looking at surgery down the road.

I'm looking pretty good, but my ego says it would be nice to fit into a size 6 pair of jeans again...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    To fit into clothes properly again... to look and feel great! :)
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. That is it in a nutshell
  • ashleym9925
    Options
    I want be healthy in all areas. I want to be able to feel good about myself. I'm starting a new chapter in my life and I want to be ready mentally and physically. I'm also a shopaholic and I want to be able to wear cuter clothes. :)
  • Michellebemmj
    Options
    Lots of reasons for wanting to lose weight, but right up there would be that I simply want to live life.
  • kvcreed
    kvcreed Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Because one day when the villains will attack the earth, I need to be fit. I need to have good cardio to run and jump, I need to be strong to fight and somewhat thinner so I will feel utterly awesome in my action hero outfit.
    Belive it or not, this is what goes through my head on the treadmill, listening to rock and roll.
  • vikingchix
    vikingchix Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Because one day when the villains will attack the earth, I need to be fit. I need to have good cardio to run and jump, I need to be strong to fight and somewhat thinner so I will feel utterly awesome in my action hero outfit.
    Belive it or not, this is what goes through my head on the treadmill, listening to rock and roll.

Okay! This made me laugh!!!! I will try to think of this on my next run! I wonder how fast I could go if I thought a heard of slobbering zombies were chasing me!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for the giggle!
  • danbradley1970
    danbradley1970 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Personal heath and vanity
  • liveit
    liveit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When I was lean and fit in my 20's I felt like I could take on the world. After graduating school and moving to NYC I gained weight thanks to stress eating. I realized I would eat without conciousness ( I went from 125 to 170). Getting control of my fitness means getting control of my life - or at least as much as I anyone possibly can be in control. Being aware of my choices, and choosing to live the life of my dreams. Making the most of life. I also feel 100 times better when I am actively enganged in taking care of myself. For me that means moving my body a few times a week, drinking lots of water, and making smart choices about what I eat.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    To go Skydiving; Rocky Mountain Climbing and stay 2.7 Seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu...to live like I was dying.
  • amrita0286
    Options
    I want to do it for myself. I want to live longer disease free, and I want to be active for a long time.
    I don't have kids yet but when I do, I want to be able to run around with them and not miss out on anything in their lives.
    I also want to be healthy and feel beautiful, I know my husband deserves the best of me and I owe it to myself to take care of my body inside and out.