Reebok EasyTone

Options
I just wanted to let everyone know, if you haven't bought these shoes, GO OUT AND BUY THEM!

I've been wearing them for about a month now, and my butt has LIFTED! It's a miracle. I almost have my old butt back. And my boyfriend also loves the difference.

It's kind of tricky walking in them at first. They have those balls on the bottom that make you balance. I kind of felt like a toddler for the first few minutes, but I wear them all the time (with the exception of work, it's an office), and they are sosososo comfortable. And they don't look bad either!

Sorry, wanted to brag. :wink:

Replies

• McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about these myself.....do you run in them by chance? That's my only reservation - I need a good running shoe and wasn't sure if these are more just for walking or if they would be good for running as well.
  • kathrynp45
    kathrynp45 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been so curious - thanks for letting me us know!
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    Actually, yeah I have ran in them. On the treadmill a few times, I've worn them on the elliptical, and even the stationary bike. I am very picky when it comes to shoes, and I have extremely flat feet, but these don't bother me at all. And they are lightweight, and breath, which is a plus. :smile:
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    imho. i dun think these types of shoes are good for you as it changes your center of balance similar to those fitflops... hmm. maybe its just me. oh well.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I have been considering these, but wasn't sure if they really worked, and like others, if i could work out in them. Almost three years ago I got terible shin slints, and because I didn't know my shoes were the cause, ended up with a stress fracture from running. Come to find out after that my Shocks had caused it. Yea, turns out Nikess $200 "running shoes" actually send pressure back up through your legs and joints. I was wondering if these might do the same thing, but haven't researched it. I won't need new running shoes until summer, so I was going to wait until then. But I may make the purchase sooner....
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about this kind of shoe for a while now. I was thinking about the Sketcher Shape-ups also. Not sure that they worked before but now I am glad to hear that they are working for you. I do circuit training, walking & elliptical. Will they work with everything?
    How much are they?:blushing:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I usually think these things are hoakey, but I'm going to DisneyWorld in a couple weeks and will likely not have the chance to make it to the gym... Since we will be doing a TON of walking, I thought they'd be a good choice.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    DUDE (< sorry excited)
    I am just about to be in the market for new shoes, and if these work for you I am seriously considering getting a pair. Is driving difficult in them?? And I will also ask the price question.. how much are they?
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    My boyfriend bought these and the reciept said $107, that may depend on states, so I don't know. The website is the same. But trust me, they are well worth it. And yes, easy to drive in. I wear them coming into work everyday, I can't believe that I didn't get these right when they came out! On reeboks website you can customize your own shoe, and I think it's just $137. I say that you should buy them!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I bought mine yesterday - 105$ Canadian, black/hot pink - A LOT CUTER than those FUGLY Sketchers.

So my first impressions are that the feel is very different - like there are little balloons under the ball and heel of your foot. It'll give you a little more bounce to your step, which I can see how that will tone your legs. It also seems to accentuate how you step, if you protonate or supinate - so it may actually help you correct this because you become more aware of how you step.

The test - next week 7 days of WALT DISNEY WORLD!! Miles and miles of walking through magic kingdom, epcot, hollywood, animal kingdom and downtown disney.
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    I bought mine yesterday - 105$ Canadian, black/hot pink - A LOT CUTER than those FUGLY Sketchers.

So my first impressions are that the feel is very different - like there are little balloons under the ball and heel of your foot. It'll give you a little more bounce to your step, which I can see how that will tone your legs. It also seems to accentuate how you step, if you protonate or supinate - so it may actually help you correct this because you become more aware of how you step.

The test - next week 7 days of WALT DISNEY WORLD!! Miles and miles of walking through magic kingdom, epcot, hollywood, animal kingdom and downtown disney.

YOU will def. have to tell me if you see any results, I am having a hard time rationalizing spending so much money on shoes !
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Okay - here is the low down on the shoes.
    1 full week of walking Disney parks. The first day, my feet cramped and hurt so much because of the way I walk - I tend to over protonate (walk on the outside of my foot) so it hurt like a Mo-Fo.
    Day two, I really didn't want to wear the shoes, but I didn't bring my regular kicks, so I was forced to wear them. By the end of the day my quads and hammies were sore. I spent most of the day concentrating on how I walked so that I would walk properly, and my feet wouldn't ache so much.
    Day three and four, still sore in my hamstrings, and starting to get sore calves.

Suddenly I realize though, although I am sore in my legs - MY BACK isn't aching as it would be if I was walking all day in regular shoes or kicks. Hmmm...

Definitely worth buying these shoes if you walk for a living - Nurses, Waitresses, Postal Workers... I do not think these will do anything for you if you are just wearing them for 2 hours at a time.