Good afternoon, and happy Labor Day!

Options
My name is Blake Tibbetts. Today, I woke up and decided it was time to change my life around. I've been overweight since I was a kid, and I have struggled with it for way too long. I weighed in this morning at 341 pounds.. Yuck. I found this website a few months back while surfing 344pounds.com. Today, I decided it is time to utilize it and free myself from these chains that have held me back for so long.. I can and WILL do this.

Replies

• noriri
    noriri Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good for you Blake, you can do this! I too have struggled most of my adult life. I made the decision a couple weeks ago to make some changes. I heard about this website and here we are! Hopefully we will tap into some really supportive people.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and congratulations on your decision. You can do it as long as you're willing to put in the time and effort. Don't lose hope if it takes a long time to lose weight, because you will lose it eventually. =)
  • Blakeybutt
    Options
    Thank you!

I understand it will take a long time to get to where I want, which is about 130 pounds lost, but through this website, supportive friends, and self discipline, I know I can do it!:) This is a life changing move, not a temporary one!
  • Sherylgirl48
    Sherylgirl48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Blake! We have similar amounts to lose, and I know we can do it! Good luck -- sending lots of encouragement your way!
  • laural70
    Options
    Blake you have a great outlook on your journey!
  • Blakeybutt
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm putting on some shoes to go for a walk right now! There's an LA Fitness opening about 6 blocks down the road next month. I'll be happy when I just walk, or run or bike, to the gym. I think that will help me more than I realize!