rapid weight gain

Options
Hello,

I have a question about my weight gain. I have gained over 30 pounds in the last three months. My diet has not changed from my normal food intake. I feel bloated. My stomach looks like I am 6 months pregnant when it has always been flat. Does anyone know what may be the cause of this? I am concerned.

Replies

• Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Have you been to see your doctor to rule out any medical issues?
  • wjniii
    wjniii Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor.
  • jwh225
    jwh225 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would see a doctor ASAP! Sounds like you're retaining fluid.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You're probably pregnant.
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It could be a whole lot of things but whatever any of us would say on here, it would be mere speculation - and that wouldn't help you at all. Like the others have said, you must see a doctor to find out for sure what's behind it. Best of luck!
  • bridiew
    bridiew Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    maybe you are actually pregnant!
  • Lipstickcherry
    Lipstickcherry Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    my blood pressure meds did that. I have to take a water pill now.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor! I gain weight like that when I am pregnant due to my hormones going wacky! Women have a lot of hormonal stuff going on and this may be a reason. for your weight gain. Do get checked before it continues to creep up and your weight gain gets to the point where it's almost unmanageable. 30 Pounds is easier to get a hold of than 100 plus pounds!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Could be a food intolerance, thyroid problem, many other things...go see your GP!
  • eleonorawander
    eleonorawander Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor and have blood tests. The same thing happened to me (I gained 40 pounds!) and my doctor says that I may have a problem with my thyroid. I'm gonna have blood tests asap :)
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    See a doctor. Could be a thyroid problem, or even PCOS.
  • Sheilav330
    Options
    I would go see a doctor if u were you..could be a hormonal imbalance or thyroid
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I only experienced that kind of weight gain when I was pregnant. Even if that's not the problem, it seems like you should really seek a doctor's advice and not from MFP. I wish you luck.
  • rainbowgrrl
    Options
    I have a doctor's appt scheduled for Tuesday....I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a doctor's appt scheduled for Tuesday....I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience.

Oh good, let us know how it goes!!! I only have this problem when I'm pregnant. I'm fit and healthy outside of pregnancy and I always get back to my goal weight and in shape. My doc says it's because of the hormones. Women have a lot of hormonal stuff that goes on for different reasons at different stages of their lives. I am no doctor but typically when this occurs it's usually hormonal so don't freak yourself out too bad. You'll be fine, if your doctor is a good one he/she will help you figure this out. If not, find a new one A.S.A.P. because you need to get a handle on it before you become even more overweight which can cause things to get more out of balance....