Weight loss stopped dead!

Options
Hi everyone

I have been steadily loosing 1 pound a week eating 1400 calories for a few months now and lost 30lbs in total however over the past 2 weeks my body has stopped loosing completely. I have taken up cycling and do burn approximately 1300 calories per ride and do eat and drink on the ride healthy snacks to keep my energy up. I only cycle once a week cos of my job.

I have been feeling quite tired of late and wonder what is going on for my body to refuse to loose any more weight. I am quite careful to log everything I eat and drink but alas it refuses to budge :-((

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

• Kelby008
    Options
    I'm no expert, but when I eventually plateau, I plan on eating at TDEE for a couple weeks. Give my body a chance to rest and what not.

This topic seems pretty legit;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food diary so I can't say for sure but if you started exercising more you probably need to eat more. Try adding 100 calories at a time to see if it helps.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Body has adapted to how you eat and your exercise. And one ride a week probably keeps the water retention in your system. Try switching to doing daily exercise to see if that makes a difference. Also it's only been 2 weeks so don't fret.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but when I eventually plateau, I plan on eating at TDEE for a couple weeks. Give my body a chance to rest and what not.

This topic seems pretty legit;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    ^^ THIS! Excellent topic - check it out! Helped me bunches!
  • robnels63
    robnels63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue.
    I dropped 30 lbs. in a few months then I just seemed to freeze where I was.
    What seemed to get me losing again was a slight increase in cals (about 100 to 200 more)

That seemed to get me losing again. I lost another 20 lbs. over the next 6 months.