Returning to MFP---Pregnant!

Options
After being in the best shape of my life for about 3 years, (many thanks to MFP), I am returning because I am now 14 weeks pregnant and sometimes my appetite seems insatiable and I feel out of control! I've gained 10 lbs already! Yikes!

I'm trying to at least maintain some damage control here! I work out 4-5 days a week but I'm not going to log it on MFP this time....I'm just concerned with my calorie intake. They say pregnant women only need an extra 300 cals per day. I'm just trying to keep inside the window if possible.

I need lots of support because I'm battling hormones! :) Any fellow preggos out there? Just so we're clear, I'm NOT trying to lose weight while pregnant. Just stay within my healthy weight gain range without going overboard.

xoxo-

Erin Rose

Replies

• kwilli731
    kwilli731 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same issues - and all of my cravings have been SODIUM SODIUM SODIUM. Trying really hard to limit my sodium count and increase protein/calcium/iron/fiber. Tracking here helps that a lot - or at least makes me really examine how I can consume 3000mg of sodium in a day. OOF.
  • rosaerin07
    rosaerin07 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oooh...I had huge sodium cravings in the beginning...now it's all sweets and fruits and veggies for the most part. If you have to have sodium, maybe have some pickles. I down em like there is no tomorrow. It's high salt, but it's fiber and little calories, you know? It'll satisfy that urge. If it's sodium and carbs...pair it with a baked potato or boiled potatoes with olive oil. mmmm.

Haha...the doctor's actually want me to UP my sodium because the blood pressure is too low. Why can't I be asked to up my caramel intake? Sigh...
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    After being in the best shape of my life for about 3 years, (many thanks to MFP), I am returning because I am now 14 weeks pregnant and sometimes my appetite seems insatiable and I feel out of control! I've gained 10 lbs already! Yikes!

I'm trying to at least maintain some damage control here! I work out 4-5 days a week but I'm not going to log it on MFP this time....I'm just concerned with my calorie intake. They say pregnant women only need an extra 300 cals per day. I'm just trying to keep inside the window if possible.

I need lots of support because I'm battling hormones! :) Any fellow preggos out there? Just so we're clear, I'm NOT trying to lose weight while pregnant. Just stay within my healthy weight gain range without going overboard.

xoxo-

Erin Rose

Please see a doctor to ensure that your nutritional needs are being met, although it's great that you're trying not to gain unhealthy amounts of weight. Good luck.
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Stay healthy.
    My sister has 6 kids and with each she continued to eat healthy and exercise and gained about 15 lbs during but lost 20 lbs after each child after birth.

You'll do fine. =)
  • DanitaGal
    DanitaGal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also am 14 weeks pregnant and am looking for support! Please friend me, if you want!