U are already sexy, U just don't show it :)

Options
That's what my boyfriend said when I told him I am going to buy some cute lingerie once I get to my next mini-goal, because I need to feel sexy, I need to feel young.
That's so sweet of him, as it's kind of hard for boys to say the right thing when girls are talking about their weight problems and goals :embarassed:

So how does your SO motivate you? I'd love to hear how you girls (and guys) :happy: improve your self esteem along the way of losing weight and/or getting healthier :heart:

Replies

• StormyLlewellyn
    Options
    I try to find a positive affermation quote the days I know i need one...
    Somedays I need one in the morning then one in the afternoon... lol
  • PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I try to find a positive affermation quote the days I know i need one...
    Somedays I need one in the morning then one in the afternoon... lol

Have any good quotes for today? :smile:
    Btw love your profile picture :laugh:
  • tdotali
    tdotali Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My SO motivates me because he has gotten really fit this summer. His abs are starting to poke through :) For myself, when I'm not feeling so sexy...I like to put on some music and dance. Moving my body in a provacative way helps me feel sexier :)
  • PatriNina
    Options
    My SO motivates me because he has gotten really fit this summer. His abs are starting to poke through :) For myself, when I'm not feeling so sexy...I like to put on some music and dance. Moving my body in a provacative way helps me feel sexier :)

Congrats for your SO, and great way to make your day better!
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My husband motivates me by saying how nice I look. the other day he was saying he was looking at me when I was asleep and had to wake me up to tell me how beautiful I looked. He can be a real sweet heart sometimes :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    He simply tells me, "I want you to love your body and know I find you incredibly sexy. No matter what size you are." I melt every time. :heart:

When he came to visit (it was a three week gap since the last time) he said, "OMG! You look so much skinnier. Good job sweetie." I was already happy because I was wearing a shirt I couldn't fit into since high school and it looked better on me now than it did then. ^.^
  • PatriNina
    Options
    My husband motivates me by saying how nice I look. the other day he was saying he was looking at me when I was asleep and had to wake me up to tell me how beautiful I looked. He can be a real sweet heart sometimes :)

Aww that was really sweet of him :smooched:
  • PatriNina
    Options
    He simply tells me, "I want you to love your body and know I find you incredibly sexy. No matter what size you are." I melt every time. :heart:

When he came to visit (it was a three week gap since the last time) he said, "OMG! You look so much skinnier. Good job sweetie." I was already happy because I was wearing a shirt I couldn't fit into since high school and it looked better on me now than it did then. ^.^

Whoop Whoop Congrats on the progress and on the supportive SO :flowerforyou:
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It's not really what he says so much anymore but the looks he throws my way. Raised eyebrows are always a good thing as well as pretty much losing the ability to talk when I put something on he likes. The nonverbal stuff says more to me sometimes.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Not sure xD

The smaller I get the more he complains that he is fat LOL

But he is a sweetie, occasionally tells me when I get all dressed up that I look nice :) Makes me want to look even better! So he will compliment me more xD
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

Whoop Whoop Congrats on the progress and on the supportive SO :flowerforyou:

Thanks. :)
  • PatriNina
    Options
    It's not really what he says so much anymore but the looks he throws my way. Raised eyebrows are always a good thing as well as pretty much losing the ability to talk when I put something on he likes. The nonverbal stuff says more to me sometimes.

Can't wait to be at the point that he loses words when he sees me in something cute :laugh:
  • PatriNina
    Options
    Not sure xD

The smaller I get the more he complains that he is fat LOL

But he is a sweetie, occasionally tells me when I get all dressed up that I look nice :) Makes me want to look even better! So he will compliment me more xD

lol you are doing great, and I'm sure compliments will flow :flowerforyou:
  • RebmaGe1sha
    RebmaGe1sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Last night I was talking about being hungry and my SO says "If I make you something, will you eat it?" I said "Okay, but it has to go in my diary" He says "Well, that's okay because that site knows what I do, but I want to know how you feel about it" Then he went and made me a lettuce wrap with turkey in it..he came back and told me everything that was in it and how much fat and protein was in it.

It made me feel loved. He is the reason I started this journey towards a better me. Sometimes he can be very blunt and it hurts my feelings, but at the same time I can't help but be appreciative of his honesty. Everyone else in my life always says things like "Amber! You're not fat!!!" We all know I am though. He has been the only one that cared enough to be honest and help me change. He motivates me everyday and I am anxious to prove to him that I can do this for myself and be a healthy vessel in which to carry our children.

He compliments me all the time "Oh you're makeup looks nice today" or "wow your hair is so pretty" haha! Oh and yesterday he said "Wow, look at how your boobs stick out now" :blushing:

Really though, looking in the mirror and at old photos helps my self esteem. I love how I can see bones that I didn't even know I had! :tongue:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6pu5pyiFC1qmbaulo1_400.jpg
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Aww that was really sweet of him :smooched:

I thought so :)
  • PatriNina
    Options
    Last night I was talking about being hungry and my SO says "If I make you something, will you eat it?" I said "Okay, but it has to go in my diary" He says "Well, that's okay because that site knows what I do, but I want to know how you feel about it" Then he went and made me a lettuce wrap with turkey in it..he came back and told me everything that was in it and how much fat and protein was in it.

It made me feel loved. He is the reason I started this journey towards a better me. Sometimes he can be very blunt and it hurts my feelings, but at the same time I can't help but be appreciative of his honesty. Everyone else in my life always says things like "Amber! You're not fat!!!" We all know I am though. He has been the only one that cared enough to be honest and help me change. He motivates me everyday and I am anxious to prove to him that I can do this for myself and be a healthy vessel in which to carry our children.

He compliments me all the time "Oh you're makeup looks nice today" or "wow your hair is so pretty" haha! Oh and yesterday he said "Wow, look at how your boobs stick out now" :blushing:

Really though, looking in the mirror and at old photos helps my self esteem. I love how I can see bones that I didn't even know I had! :tongue:

Wow he seems like a real sweetheart :smile: Glad that you have such a great guy to be there for you :flowerforyou:
    Oh and I love the old photo trick to boost my self esteem, I take pictures at every mini-goal I take, in hope that I'll sometimes post in the Success Story part :laugh:
  • PatriNina
    Options
    tumblr_m6pu5pyiFC1qmbaulo1_400.jpg

hahaha love this :heart: