New here. Anyone a gymnast or know one?

Options
Hello All,
I just wanted to introduce myself. 19 year old college student looking to get healthy. I have always admired gymnast bodies. I wish I had their dedication and discipline. Does anyone happen to know what kind of exercises will get me closer to that type of body? I realize that gymnasts have been training since they were toddlers and that they've spent years working to get that type of body. I'm just looking for something fun that will help me lose weight. I also want to know how they eat. I know they must have to eat a lot of calories in order to make up for how much they burn.

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    They also have the genes for it... I don't know what they do but start with getting healthy and then go into working towards a body that will make you happy but try not to compare yourselves to others, you can do this! Good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • NikkiSchlitz
    Options
    I was a gymnast for 15 years and after being retired for 5 years I can tell you that there really isn't anything you can do to get that body. I've been trying for 3 years to get it back & have found that it is not possible! When I was a gymnast I trained for 4-5 hours a day 6 days a week. And you are right about eating a lot of calories. We were told by nutritionists that wee needed to eat every 2 hours because our metabolisms were so high due to the amount of working out we did.