sweet cravings

Options
for all the people who made it to their goal weight! how did u manage ur sweet cravings! ? ever since i joined MFP and i didn't stay away from sweets! bcoz of the "moderation concept" everyday i have a 100c or 200c desert! which is great and keeps me happy! but iam NOT losing weight! and this is the one thing i can't control! please help me with tips! how to stop eating them?

Replies

• hippietofugirl
    Options
    I doubt that your 100-200 calorie desert is preventing you from losing weight. There's something else going on there
  • christinairun
    Options
    Sugar is so addictive, its one thing that I think should be cut out cold turkey. The first few days are REALLY hard and consume a lot of your thinking time during the day, but once you get the first week down it will be easier. Once you go a while you won't want to touch sweets. It also helps to motivate yourself by watching youtube videos on the truth about sugar. Also reading studies about sugar and the effects on the body.
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hm not sure I can answer this, I have lost around 4 stone since I have started dieting and I always eat chocolate. I know it isn't great for me but I would go mental with out a sugar pick-me-up!
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sugar is so addictive, its one thing that I think should be cut out cold turkey. The first few days are REALLY hard and consume a lot of your thinking time during the day, but once you get the first week down it will be easier. Once you go a while you won't want to touch sweets. It also helps to motivate yourself by watching youtube videos on the truth about sugar. Also reading studies about sugar and the effects on the body.

ya it is really really hard! i get up motivated that i won't touch anything with sugar! but at the end of the day i give up!
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I doubt that your 100-200 calorie desert is preventing you from losing weight. There's something else going on there

i am consuming from 800 till 1.200! including small sweets! but still :( scaler aint moving
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    Hm not sure I can answer this, I have lost around 4 stone since I have started dieting and I always eat chocolate. I know it isn't great for me but I would go mental with out a sugar pick-me-up!

i know! this is y i give up everything for just a small bite of anything sugary :D
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options

i know! this is y i give up everything for just a small bite of anything sugary :D

Same here! I will sometimes make sure I have a lighter lunch or tea so I can fit in a chocolate bar lol. Not the best choice but I love them lol
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You can love chocolate and not eat it, or eat it less.

Get a tape measure and see where you are. The scale is only one indication.
  • FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me it is salty things like Chips. The way I try and avoid this is by eating more fruits and Vegies. They keep me full and losing weight. I also take on more protein. By doing both, I find that I don't get hungery and if I am not hungery, I don't tend to want to eat anything even the food I have to eat to lose weight.

Give it a try. Tell us how it works for you. For me, I noticed right away, for some it takes about 1 week. Do yourself a good thing and just keep a sugar desert to once a week. This way you can still enjoy and look forwad to that thing you enjoy the most.

Good luck,

Paul
  • sissyr75
    Options
    I have been trying to give up sweets too. I have done okay. I did have a hershey bar on friday, but it had been atleast well over a month since I ate a candy bar. I know I should give up junk all together, but for me going cold turkey doesn't work. Now, I don't think about getting a candy bar as much. Once you do give them up, it really does not take long to adjust to not having them and your body will know that you don't want it. I have just started cutting things down slowly and that way i can gradually work in not eating the junk. Everyone is different so just do what you feel is best.
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    You can love chocolate and not eat it, or eat it less.

Get a tape measure and see where you are. The scale is only one indication.

measuring tape says the same as the scale nothing moved
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    For me it is salty things like Chips. The way I try and avoid this is by eating more fruits and Vegies. They keep me full and losing weight. I also take on more protein. By doing both, I find that I don't get hungery and if I am not hungery, I don't tend to want to eat anything even the food I have to eat to lose weight.

Give it a try. Tell us how it works for you. For me, I noticed right away, for some it takes about 1 week. Do yourself a good thing and just keep a sugar desert to once a week. This way you can still enjoy and look forwad to that thing you enjoy the most.

Good luck,

Paul

you are right paul! i need to get more fruit to me system and give up all the junk! thanks dear xoxox
  • SarahSosi
    Options
    I have been trying to give up sweets too. I have done okay. I did have a hershey bar on friday, but it had been atleast well over a month since I ate a candy bar. I know I should give up junk all together, but for me going cold turkey doesn't work. Now, I don't think about getting a candy bar as much. Once you do give them up, it really does not take long to adjust to not having them and your body will know that you don't want it. I have just started cutting things down slowly and that way i can gradually work in not eating the junk. Everyone is different so just do what you feel is best.

yes great idea i will try and give them allllllllllll up and see what happens thanks hun xox