Isagenix Cleanse starting March 1st.

Options
I am planning on starting an Isagenix cleanse on the 1st of March. I have never used the product but have friends that have seen great results. I am hoping to release my last 15 lbs pounds and see better sleep habits, increased energy, clearer skin, balanced stress hormones etc.

Any interest in joining me on a 30 day cleanse to kick start, re start, or bust a plateau on your weight loss journey ??

I would love the added support of doing it together and checking in with stats, advice etc.

Replies

• Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am really surprised and disappointed that no one has any info good or bad
    On this topic. I would love some feedback if nothing else.
  • yahmd
    yahmd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey I did the 30 day cleanse. It was amazing helped me lose my 20 pounds but I haven't been cleansing or taking the shakes lately... just trying to maintain it with a healthy diet.

I only have 6-10 pounds left and will probably do it once I'm not as busy and stressed.

Highly recommend it!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Good luck with that...I eat healthy food and exercise, and my body is built very cleverly to do all the cleansing I need, so can't give you any feedback on that....
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting an Isagenix cleanse on the 1st of March. I have never used the product but have friends that have seen great results. I am hoping to release my last 15 lbs pounds and see better sleep habits, increased energy, clearer skin, balanced stress hormones etc.

Any interest in joining me on a 30 day cleanse to kick start, re start, or bust a plateau on your weight loss journey ??

I would love the added support of doing it together and checking in with stats, advice etc.

How does a "cleanse" product "release" weight ?!?! If you truly believe this in a cleanse than you are totally getting ripped off!
  • ValerieJDM
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting a 9 day cleanse as soon as I get my order in. I'm thinking probably Thursday as well. I have heard many great things and I would love to chat with you about how you are doing while you're on it. I ordered a 30 day supply for my bf and I so my plan is to start with the 9 day and continue longer if I'm doing well. I understand that the 9 day one is more intense but I'm going on a holiday in 3 weeks and need to kick this plateau in the butt.

You can add me as a friend and we can support each other!

Valerie
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Your body is a wonderful machine! With proper diet and exercise and enough water it cleanses itself without the need for potions, shakes, pills and chemicals.

Weight loss from a cleanse is usually gained right back.
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a friend that does Isagenix and was thinking about giving it a try to kick start some weight loss and lose the cravings. Add me, I've love to see your progress and chat. :)
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Try doing something less stupid.
  • taylorclouse
    Options
    I want to be upfront that I am an independent Issageinx associate. With that said the system they have in place is pretty darn amazing. I have been health nut for 15+ years. During that time I've been a big fan of Dr. Michael Colgan. He recently joined their advisory board due to the fact that the program works and is very healthy.

There are multiple mechanisms at work here. First the Isalean shakes are a low calorie/high nutrition meal replacement. They use the finest grass fed/ pasture raised whey protein concentrate from New Zealand. From the same place that Colgan has been getting his protein from for years.

In addition to adding these shakes to increase protein consumption, moderate low glycemic carbohydrates and low fat you will be utilizing cleansing days. We live in a toxic world and our bodies are well equipped to deal with them. However, the process involves saving the body and organs by absorbing these toxins and encapsulating them in fat. The body is very reluctant to release these fat cells as they contain toxins.

Most cleanses do nothing to get rid of these fat deposits. One must severely restrict calories to completely deplete glycogen stores in the body forcing the body to burn fat and release these toxins with the use of cleansing herbs. There are 1 and 2 day cleanses. 2 day cleanses are much more effective due to the fact it will take upwards of a day to burn through most of the glycogen (carbohydrate) stores in your body. It is this second day were most of the magic happens.

It is true that you can lose weight by eating a healthy diet. Isagenix has a complete system that takes much of the guess work out of it to make it as easy as possible. In addition their system provides better results than just eating healthy. Dr. Michael Colgan went on the 30 day system to test it out. He is 72 years old and trains elite athletes. His body fat was around 7%. This is excellent and was already employing all the weight loss strategies to himself. After 30 days his body fat dropped to nearly 5% and increased his muscle mass by a few pounds. With all his research on weight loss and working with athletes he has never been able to achieve the same results as with the Issagenix system. That is why he is now and advocate.
  • taylorclouse
    Options
    Here are some tips . . . Have 1 shake for breakfast 1 shake for dinner with a sensible meal for lunch. It is recommended 400-600 calories. You would be best to eat something low in fat, high in protein and moderate in low glycemic carbohydrates. Maybe a piece of free range organic chicken or wild fish with lots of vegetables. Sweet potatoes are an excellent choice as well.

The 30 day system is set up to do 1 cleanse day per week. If you have never cleansed before it would be best to do it this way. Once you are used to that I would recommend a 2 day cleanse. Depending on your weight loss goals they could be done maybe 2 times per month. I personally do 1 two day cleanse as a health maintenance.

On cleanse days it is important only to have the cleanse drink, and 6 of the provided snacks 2 three times in a day. Drink plenty of purified water. If you notice your blood sugar dropping too low a small organic apple could be eaten, but best not to if not needed. If hunger gets the best of you try eating some organic cucumber as this has very few calories.

Here is a great article on the 25 FAQ about cleansing.

Feel free to friend me on Facebook if you are in need of assistance. www.facebook.com/taylorclouse
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    This program teaches nothing about healthy eating and portion control.

When you are just drinking a shake twice a day you don't learn how to properly make your own foods for these meals. No one will do these shakes forever (they are darn expensive!) Once you go off of them you've learned nothing and most people will gain it all back.

Cleanses, unless there is a valid MEDICAL reason for one aren't the best things to do. Your body does a great job of cleansing itself. If you feed it properly and healthy foods, drink water and exercise your body will "release" these toxins on its own.

I would save your money
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Cleanses release poo, not fat.

Now if you really want it..
    1. Chose an excersize routine appropriate to your goals.
    2. Eat a balanced diet with a mild calorie deficit.
    3. Be patient.

You're welcome.
  • ValerieJDM
    Options

3. Be patient.

You're welcome.

This Cleanse is NOT a intestinal cleanse! Most cleanse are and I would not do one of those. I did the 9 day cleanse and I actually had to use a gentle laxative with it that's included in the kit. Please research before making comments. I did not believe in it, but in my 9 day plus 2 pre cleanse days I have released 10.2 lbs of fat and 17.8 inches.

I know how to eat a balanced diet and this actually teaches you what a proper meal should look like. They have wonderful meal ideas that are between 400-600 calories. Also, 20 minutes of exercise a day is one of the requirements when doing this nutritional cleanse. I have never felt better. Thanks Isagenix.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options

3. Be patient.

You're welcome.

This Cleanse is NOT a intestinal cleanse! Most cleanse are and I would not do one of those. I did the 9 day cleanse and I actually had to use a gentle laxative with it that's included in the kit. Please research before making comments. I did not believe in it, but in my 9 day plus 2 pre cleanse days I have released 10.2 lbs of fat and 17.8 inches.

I know how to eat a balanced diet and this actually teaches you what a proper meal should look like. They have wonderful meal ideas that are between 400-600 calories. Also, 20 minutes of exercise a day is one of the requirements when doing this nutritional cleanse. I have never felt better. Thanks Isagenix.

IF it's not an intestinal cleanse than why on earth would you have to take a laxative? Doesn't sound safe at all to me. Eating a diet high in fiber (from the earth) will do the same thing without chemicals. Congrats on your loss, and I hope you are able to maintain it...it seems like most "quick fixes" are just that!
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What turns me off about this system is how much the people who are on it boast about how much money they make selling it.. RED ALARM right there.... I have more respect for someone who loses weight by sweating their butt off and makinjg healthy changes in their diet.
  • fuzzybear123
    fuzzybear123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love it... Yes.. "release" fat'is a bunch of baloney..... you have to burn fat off!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amberlin, did you do the cleanse? I signed up and want to try 30 day starting July 1 (I will receive the product just before that day). I am very committed and need a kick start as I have been procrastinating foreeeveeer. If anyone else is just starting please let me know so we can support each other. After that I will use MFP to watch my eating and exercise.
  • MissKatie_J
    MissKatie_J Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's why you should find an associate who is willing to show you about proper nutrition within those 30 days. I still utilize protein shakes within my daily meal plan - and I choose isagenix shakes. No different than utilizing optimum nutrition, EAS, or Allmax.

I also use a thermodynamic. I was using products like chaotic labz, reaper, chiseled, etc. I still use a thermodynamic but now use accelerator by isagenix. It's about consistency.

Yep, your body is a great self cleaning machine, but having a child on the autism spectrum has allowed me to see that our bodies aren't designed to keep up with all of the man made toxins.

Good luck OP.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amgnixon
    amgnixon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently completed an Isagenix 30 day cleanse. I was introduced to the program through a friend from high school that is very involved in nutrition and fitness. I loved the entire process and liked having an organized schedule for shakes, meals, etc. I have decided to continue using Isagenix because I feel better and I’ve lost 10 lbs. It’s definitely hard to be disciplined with eating but that is a decision that you have to make on your own. The cleanse will work for you as much as you want it to. Nothing will make fat disappear so you must use it as a stepping stone to eat better and stay active. I continued to work out 4-5 times a week to get the max results. I can honestly say that it has been life changing. Yes people have the opportunity to sell the product but that isn’t something I’m in to (not into sales what so ever) but I am a believer in the system and what it has done for me.

If you have any questions about the cleanse or want some tips I would be happy to chat. Good luck! :smile: