What to do when your NOT Hungrey

Options
Hi all, there are days (like today) that I am not hungrey at all.....I went for a hike this morning (8K) came home and made lunch for the kids...and the thought of eating actually made me feel sick....most days this does not happen but on days like today I know I have to eat but just can't bring myself to do it. I made the kids meatballs subs and there were a couple of meatballs left over...I ate them but did not feel well after. Again this is happening on occasion, you can view my diary and see that I usually eat very well. Does this happen to anyone else? Any suggestions...I know that I won't lose weight if I am not eating.....Thanks in advance

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    No real advice. Most people will probably say 'listen to your body' and that isn't wrong. I often wake up not feeling hungry... in fact, I've gotten accustomed to working 8 hours on my feet with no food in my stomach, then biking home and still not feeling hungry. The moment I eat, of course, I realize that as weird as it feels, my body NEEDS food.
    Your body does too.
    So when your body says "No food, thank you", use your brain to determine if it may be wise to shovel a couple meatballs down anyway.
    Also make sure that it's not just meatballs. Even if you're not hungry, eat some other food group to help you digest the high-protein foods (meatballs + broccoli, nut butter +apples, tuna + celery, etc.)
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/725831-ever-experienced-appetite-loss-after-exercise

This came up the other day and someone posted good information on why some people are not hungry after they excercise - maybe this is what is happening with you?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Be sure to drink, even if you're not hungry.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry I don't eat. period. end of story. I will never again let anyone pressure me to eat when I don't want to. Not even birthday cake. Guess what? I AM IN CHARGE OF MY BODY and no one else is.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body has to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time. You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong.

So did all these ladies ---> http://www.venusindex.com/transformation-contest/

If you want to learn the real truth invest in this. I gain nothing by it, but I am passionate about other people finding the same success I did and learning all the myths floating about in the diet industry that is designed to keep getting your money over and over. --- > http://www.anythinggoesdiet.com/no-diet-rules-allowed.php (This is NOT about eating junk food! It's about learning to eat for you own lifestyle, vegan, organic, whatever)
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    What about drinking your calories? There are some good meal replacement powders out there that you could keep on hand and mix up when you're feeling like that.
  • FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I am not hungery, I just eat the min. 150 to 300 calories I need for that time of day. You can make your food a light food but just eat something. As you know you have to eat just make it worth it. Like working out, somedays you don't want to right? But you do it anyways. Eating has to be like that sometimes too.

Hope this helps,

Paul
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    When I am not hungery, I just eat the min. 150 to 300 calories I need for that time of day. You can make your food a light food but just eat something. As you know you have to eat just make it worth it. Like working out, somedays you don't want to right? But you do it anyways. Eating has to be like that sometimes too.

Hope this helps,

Paul

This... I sometimes can barely get my breakfast greek yogurt or hard boiled egg down for breakfast but i just do it... Saves me from over eatting later
  • Cdngal08
    Cdngal08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I read the thread from Saturday...can't beleive I missed it :) ....really helps...and yes usually about 3-4 hours after I get a little hungry and it ends up being between meals...like right now! so I am having a cup of grapes so I can eat with the family in a few hours....again thanks so much for all the responses...