Is this ok? Need some words of wisdom!

So I need some words of wisdom and because I'm not sure if what I'm doing is ok.

First off my typical training day is 15 min of HIIT and 30-45 mins of weights depending on the area of the day and one rest day a week.

my BMR is 1450 and I have my goal set at 1500.

Now I'm finding that I'm only able to net at the end of the day 1200. I try to eatback my calories but I'm finding I just can't. If I eat back my calories I feel too full and uncomfortable and sometimes sick.

So I guess what I'm asking is, Is this ok? and If not how can I improve this?

I drink 2 protein shakes a day (yesterday and today probably a lack there of because I'm moving Tomorrow and its just a mess) So I do drink those to get some extra calories in and my protein needed.

Thanks!

Replies

• darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    any one? :/
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I think you should have some real food, not just shakes.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    How much are you trying to net? 1200 is like the minimum, if you don't have a lot to lose or are trying to lose more slowly, then I wouldn't want to be netting 1200. I agree with the previous poster, real food!
  • darkmouzy
    ....I eat real food. I have 1 shake in the morning with other breakfast items and 1 shake post workout I also include lean proteins at dinners and lunchs if I can.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Some days I am hungry enough to eat back all of my calories, some days I am not. I try to net at least 1200, somedays I hit that, some days not, some days a little more. It all evens out, I think.

And I do protien shakes to add to my caloric/protein when I'm not getting enough from "real food"

In other words, I think you are doing fine.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    It is especially important to make sure you are eating enough calories when strength training. without the proper fuel your muscles cannot recover and get stronger.

if you have a hard time actually eating more, eat higher calorie foods like nuts, peanut butter, avocados and such.
  • I don't like to eat my exercise calories but then I have a lot of weight to lose. It's completely up to you. This is your life!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Can you eat more calorie dense foods??? Like Nuts(Pistachios, Almonds, etc), Natural Peanut Butter, a Glass of Chocolate Milk (300 calories), use olive oils when cooking, Cheese, dark Chocolate to name a few. I am eating 3200 to 3400 calories a day and have no problem making up that many calories using some of these options... Best of Luck..
  • darkmouzy
    I have 37 lbs to go until my first goal I have lost 28lbs thus far.

I'm trying to net as close to 1500 as I can I'd even be happy with 1400.

I'm in the Building phase of a weight program im doing and Bulk phase is in a few weeks which I willl need to eat even more before eventually entering a cutting phase.

@SPNLuver83 - Thank you I will try incorperating more of those into my diet!

@ Lucindapc- Thank you. I didn't eat mine either back when I first started but I'm doing more strength than cardio and I know I need the food haha
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Why are you taking so many diet pills?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    If you don't want to eat DON'T. I never eat when I don't feel like it. That is just silly. Also I refuse to let anyone else have ownership of that area of my life. I DECIDE. I OWN IT. No person or computer tool will tell me to eat when I am not hungry. Listen to your body. It generally tells you what you need. Never again will I let people or society pressure me to eat when I don't want to. That is how I got fat in the first place and stayed there for decades. Not even birthday cake. This is my body.

If you have a lot of body fat reserves you would be surprised at how little you can eat (unless you have emotional eating issues or disorders). The leaner you get the less your body has to draw from and then you have to taper up your calories. There is no such thing as starvation mode for women over 12% body fat or men over 6% body fat. I am a living breathing example of that. I went from obese to now under 12% BF and I've maintained for one year and built muscle the whole time. You don't BUILD muscle in starvation mode, so I proved everyone wrong.

So did all these ladies ---> http://www.venusindex.com/transformation-contest/

If you want to learn the real truth invest in this. I gain nothing by it, but I am passionate about other people finding the same success I did and learning all the myths floating about in the diet industry that is designed to keep getting your money over and over.

--- > http://www.anythinggoesdiet.com/no-diet-rules-allowed.php (This is NOT about eating junk food! It's about learning to eat for you own lifestyle, vegan, organic, whatever))
  • shakes are ok..try to put bananas in the shake or oats.extra calories but extra carbs..eat something that has more calories but low on fat, or with good fats, like almonds.
  • darkmouzy
    ...not diet pills suppliments for muscle recovery. CLA is naturally found in meats. I also need energy/ focus boosts through out the day because I am in College.
    Thanks for the tips everyone!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Sorry to break it to you, but a "fat burner" pill is a diet pill.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    I looked at your food diary and you are using a lot of supplements. The ripped freak pills are nothing more than appetite suppressants. Also, if you are taking pills to make you focus be aware that a lot of them are appetite suppressants as well. I.e., A lot of girls I went to college with took Adderrall to suppress their appetites so they could lose weight. I would stop wasting money on anything but the medicine you actually need to focus. At that point, it's safe to "listen to your body" and not eat if you are full. But if you are getting artificially full from pills, that's not healthy and your body really does need more, it just can't send you that "hunger" feeling due to the medicine.

Your protein shakes and natural forms of protein (like steak) are more than enough for muscle recovery unless you are an actual bodybuilder. You don't need the pill to make your muscles recover better girl!

Your diary looked pretty good food wise, though. Good job! You seem to eat a good balance of fruits, veggies, carbs, and proteins so I think you're doing great there. As you say, maybe just a little more of all of the right foods (like you are eating) so you are getting NET 1200+ without feeling sick!