NSV- half marathon... done!

Options
Just a little post to congratulate myself, esp since the scale is a bit stuck right now...

BUT.... I ran my first half marathon today...
in two hours and twenty three minutes! YAY!

Replies

• JMarie5390
    Options
    Congrats!! That is a huge accomplishment. Be proud of your self!!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment. Congrats
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Awesome - how did you feel, and how did your race pace compare to your training pace? I am running my first half on Saturday.
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats! :)
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful! my BF ran the Disney half today, is that what you ran?
  • kimg68
    Options
    Congrats, that's an awesome accomplishment! I'm training for my first half marathon in November :)
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I ran the Great Scottish Run in Glasgow. Wish it had been the DIsney half! that would have been awesome!

I was really pleased because I ran at my long run pace pretty much the whole way, although the last mile was absolute torture! I had only gone up to 11 miles in training and man I felt that extra 2.1! Legs were jelly for the last bit but feeling pretty much fine now!

The only problem now is wanting to do it faster! I didn't really push myself out of my comfort zone during the race and wasn't particularly out of breath until the very end and even then it was more my legs giving up on me!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome! You should be very proud. It seems like you've caught the bug, so you can train to do even better next time! :)
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!

try not to focus on the scale, it's not about that, it's about how you feel. :flowerforyou:
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

My first half marathon on Sun 9/9. I am feeling nervous already!!

This time next week it will be over -yay!

I hope I do as well as you - again, well done!!
  • EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    That's awesome and a great time too. Congratulations!!!
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    great job and a great time.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    That is fantastic - better update your profile - you so surpassed your goal of a 10k! You should be pumped and proud! I'm thinking of adding a half marathon to my 2013 goals. Would you mind telling me how long you trained? Again, congratulations!
  • BRANDYGR8MOVES
    BRANDYGR8MOVES Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    congrats you should be very proud of yourself:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That is great! Congrats!

I am running my half on Sept 23rd.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Keep up the good work.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    WOO-HOO! :happy:

I did my first Half in May; on track for a second in October. I had the same issue the last couple of miles. I plan on eating more this time. In the first, I had gels at about miles 4, 7, 10. I think I'll increase that by at least one if not two more! Maybe miles 3, 6, 9, 11? It's all good!
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Great job. That's a wonderful accomplishment! :smile:
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! I'm running my 1st one 9/9/12....I'm so scared!! How were your nerves?? Any tips?? Your time was great! You should feel so proud of yourself! Congrats!!! My scale is up too from training! Don't worry about it (that's what everyone keeps telling me) :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!