Low Carb Bars

Options
hi - Any recommendations on low carb bars? i need something for a good afternoon snack at work..

Replies

• kristinlala
    Options
    The Atkins bars are decent, or the Carb Conscious Supreme Protein bars. I need to find more ideas myself, but those are pretty good!
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Atkins bars are good. I really like a few of the flavors of Pure Protein bars... Some are a little nasty, others are great.

Blueberry, chocolate / peanut butter, and strawberry are all good.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the THink Thin bars and thought they tasted good. I rarely eat packaged food anymore though, only on occasion. Thanks for reminding me. I just might get some now. :)
  • huckleberry0070
    huckleberry0070 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I agree that pure protein bars are pretty good... I choose them because they are low in sugar as well. I like the chocolate deluxe and the peanut butter. I'm not terribly fond of the chocolate chip and I haven't tried any others.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm eating the Atkins bars right now :)
  • rahulkhosla
    rahulkhosla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thanks...i had the pure protein, think thin and atkins on my short list...ill try to find the best chocolate based one so that i dont even think about that starbucks brownie at 3 pm on a work day :-)
  • rahulkhosla
    rahulkhosla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    though not a bar, vitatops are a pretty good snack (100 calories or so).
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Protein quite a bit -- decent protein, low sugar (stay away from the super high sugar Balance Bars. Yummy - but WOW a lot of sugar), and they sell them in bulk at Sam's Club, so the price is right.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    From an ingredient standpoint, Quest All-Natural Protein bars are the purest out there. Stick their Chocolate Brownie bar in the microwave for a few seconds and it tastes just like a moist brownie.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Atkins chocolate hazelnut bar
    Atkins chocolate caramel mousse bar
    Atkins dark chocolate almond coconut bar
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    'Think Thin'. The brownie one is amazingggg!!!
  • nmazahearti
    nmazahearti Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like FiberOne Chocolate and Oats. 140 calories. Very yummy.
  • RavenMare
    Options
    I love Atkins bars,some of the are pretty high calorie,but they are very high in satisfying protein and very low in sugar and carbs,They do have lower calorie ones that are good for snacks, and higher calorie bars that work as a good mean replacement,you just have to look at the box.I plan on using them alot.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! :)

Yummy in my tummy. I have been out for quite some time (I had cancelled my auto-delivery for one reason or another). Definitely purchasing some more soon! I love the PB&J, Peanut Butter Supreme, and Brownie flavors the most. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I use the Atkins and South Beach bars. The only one I use sparingly is the Atkins chocolate chip granola bar...that has 200 calories but I sometimes have the calories to spare. The bars are tasty and they have some protein, too. I keep one in my purse in case my blood sugar dips.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. Low carb, high fiber, 20 grams of protein and they have an all natural line that doesn't have a bunch of crap in it. They also don't melt so that is a big bonus in this heat.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/
  • bevie19
    bevie19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my salvation... love them. Lemon, Coconut-Cashew, Strawberry Cheesecake, Cinnamon Roll. I am a big chocoholic (especially choc and PB) but I'm not really into the chocolate peanut butter or chocolate brownie. Has a weird aftertaste to me but I know some people really like them.
  • SFBarbear
    Options
    Quest bars, Go for the original formula without all the sugar alcohols. They are amazing and very very filling with only 4-5 net carbs.
    I order mine offr E-bay for $24.00 a box of 12
  • laurendalton17
    Options
    special K cereal bars