Stupid Reasons Not To Diet/Exercise

Options
Alright, I know everyone has their own favorite excuses to skip diet or exercise, and I want to hear them here!

I'll start.

I have, in the past, skipped working out because it would mean I had to wash my hair. (Stupid, I know!)

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ^^ Ditto this one and why I avoided swimming... Which now I LOVE lol
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to take a shower after I workout and I don't want to go to the store all nasty.

I need to blah, blah first. Then I never do the blah, blah or the workout.

My excuses always apply to cardio. I really need to get it in gear with the cardio. Tomorrow. :noway:
  • shara99
    Options
    After working all day, I have only enough energy to either cook or work out, never both!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    "I barely slept last night and worked all day, I'm going to go to bed really early tonight and I'll get back to it tomorrow"

...and then I'd sit up all night watching tv/on the computer. Repeat the next day.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    "I barely slept last night and worked all day, I'm going to go to bed really early tonight and I'll get back to it tomorrow"

...and then I'd sit up all night watching tv/on the computer. Repeat the next day.

that sounds just like me...

my other favorite excuse is.. "I don't feel like it"
  • RobUlee8583
    RobUlee8583 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lol i say its too hot or I dont feel like sweating today!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    copy/pasting from my profile

These are my excuses as to why I got into such bad shape. Honest truth time for me

- Laziness. I was too lazy to move and make a change in my lifestyle. Fast food (which I hate btw, I really hate most of the food from BK and McD's) was just easier even though cooking for myself wouldve been cheaper and healthier.

- Excuses. I made excuses. I will do this some other time. I will do it starting tomorrow. Oh I ate bad today? I will recover tomorrow by not eating and ofcourse that led to binging

- video game addiction: World of Warcraft. I cannot even begin to explain how much that game have ruined my life, not just health wise but everything. I know I'm to blame but that game alone have ruined the last atleast 4 years of my life.

- being a coward: Whenever I got hit by stress, I tried to confide in food or cigarettes. I just didnt wanted to face my troubles like a man but in the end, I had to anyways. Stress didnt went away because of eating or smoking but it sure did put on some weight.

- Just not stopping: I couldve stopped with the bad habits when I hit 200, I was aware of the weight issue. I couldve stopped at 220, 240, 250, 270, and now I'm at 280. Each time I knew what was up but I didnt do anything about it. I was ok with the fat man in the mirror. I hated him but I didnt wanted to do anything to change it
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    My excuse used to be I dont have a gym membership, now that I do, my excuse(rarely) is I don't know anyone and I hate being stared at.
  • Vx3_
    Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    "But I have too much to do!"

-Watches bad girls club re runs.
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Very vain but.... I can't leave the house without makeup (I scare small children and grown men!), so to do some strenuous activity would make me unavailable to the world for the rest of the day after sweating all my make up off!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Very vain but.... I can't leave the house without makeup (I scare small children and grown men!), so to do some strenuous activity would make me unavailable to the world for the rest of the day after sweating all my make up off!

I actually only do my makeup ONCE a day (no touch-ups, nothing) including on gym days and I'd say a good 75% of my makeup stays in tact, maybe more. And I SWEAT. So most days my makeup lasts me through work + gym + errands.
    Try using an eyeshadow primer (like urban decay's) and a face setting spray (I like urban decay's for this as well). Invest in some good liner and shadows + a nice concealer and it will barely budge!
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    I think I wear makeup like once a year. Rofl.
  • myoldself2011
    Options
    I just want to stay in and sleep. I'll go after work.

50% of the time I went after work.
  • nicoleekristenn
    nicoleekristenn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There's no point starting now when I have (insert event here) coming up in a few days. (usually an event where it's a celebrations so I won't want to be on a diet)

But I have to do homework ... and end up watching two television shows when I could have been working out
  • donnasjohnson
    donnasjohnson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was told one time that when dealing with something that requires regular attendance...could be gym, church, support groups, lessons, etc...that the first time you miss you usually have a legitimate reason. Second is never so valid a reason, and by the time the third time comes around "I don't feel like it" has become a good enough excuse. This has helped me focus on making sure I avoid those not-so-legit second time excuses.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Its too hot outside:tongue:
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was told one time that when dealing with something that requires regular attendance...could be gym, church, support groups, lessons, etc...that the first time you miss you usually have a legitimate reason. Second is never so valid a reason, and by the time the third time comes around "I don't feel like it" has become a good enough excuse. This has helped me focus on making sure I avoid those not-so-legit second time excuses.

Thank you :) This is really useful to know. I'll watch out for the not-so-legit 2nd time excuses....
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I will just read ONE more thread on MFP and THEN I will go and do it....
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Exercise excuses:
    -I'm too tired.
    -It's too hot.
    -It's too buggy.
    -It's too humid.
    -It might rain.
    -I have a headache.
    -My foot/back/leg/hip sort of hurts, it's best not to do it today.
    -I might miss a phone call.
    -I don't have a workout buddy.
    -It won't make a difference anyway.

Diet excuses:
    -I'll have to eat things that don't taste good.
    -I deserve to eat this ice cream/candy/chips/fast food because I've had a long stressful day.
    -Eating healthy is too expensive.
    -I'll have to give up everything I like.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I actually only do my makeup ONCE a day (no touch-ups, nothing) including on gym days and I'd say a good 75% of my makeup stays in tact, maybe more. And I SWEAT. So most days my makeup lasts me through work + gym + errands.
    Try using an eyeshadow primer (like urban decay's) and a face setting spray (I like urban decay's for this as well). Invest in some good liner and shadows + a nice concealer and it will barely budge!

gawd I hate people who say this :flowerforyou: ONCE A DAY? OMG Im jealous.

I AM just kidding by the way