Restaurant Food Help and Tip!?

Options
Hi ho, hi ho, to the schnitzel haus we go!
Where the meat is fried,
and breaded, and wide,
hi ho, hi ho!

Here's the menu (I think); http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/schnitzel-haus/menu

I was thinking the goulash soup, but I dunno how much they give me. I don't have enough self control to not eat half of it, especially if it's good ._.

How many calories do you think is in one of the chicken schnitzel dinners?

And the people we're going to the restaurant with are the kind who like dessert =P So what should I get for dessert? Bah, this wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have my cheat day yesterday -.- Alas, the 'oh, it doesn't matter if it's a one time thing' is rendered incorrect, considering I pigged out on chocolate cake, subway, popcorn, nibs, and junior mints the day before.

So for the love of German restaurants, help me!

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    We eat out every weekend. Good Places. Order what ever you want. Immediately cut the plate in half. Ask the waiter to pack one half to take home and eat the other half. Works for me.
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Caesar salad with grilled chicken sounds yummy. :) And Apfelstrudel with ice cream. O: Maybe try to offset it all with some early exercise or some extra exercise today?
  • Ginerrva
    Options
    We eat out every weekend. Good Places. Order what ever you want. Immediately cut the plate in half. Ask the waiter to pack one half to take home and eat the other half. Works for me.
    That'll look a little odd to the others, won't it? =P My diet is currently a secret.

A) because I'm a teensy bit embarrassed (just a teensy bit)
    and B) because it's a surprise for my boyfriend, and I can't risk anyone telling him =3
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    That'll look a little odd to the others, won't it? =P My diet is currently a secret.

and B) because it's a surprise for my boyfriend, and I can't risk anyone telling him =3

Why would your lifestyle change be a secret? Who cares what anyone else thinks. Never be embarrassed for trying to better yourself.
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

If you're worried about people noticing.. just eat half and then say... "woah I'm full.. I'll have to take the rest of this home"
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Why would your lifestyle change be a secret? Who cares what anyone else thinks. Never be embarrassed for trying to better yourself.

well.. and this of course.. you do this for you.. no one else and if they aren't going to support you being healthy then.. tell them to F off
  • Ginerrva
    Options

If you're worried about people noticing.. just eat half and then say... "woah I'm full.. I'll have to take the rest of this home"
    Well, now that I think of it, I kind of HAVE to save a little bit of my meal for my dog when I get home...

But still, choosing the healthiest meal would be a big load off.
  • pg3ibew
    Options

Well, now that I think of it, I kind of HAVE to save a little bit of my meal for my dog when I get home...

You ain't finding anything HEALTHY in a restaraunt. You ARE allowed to eat. Go out, enjoy your boyfriend and the rest of your company without worrying about calories.
  • Ginerrva
    Options

You ain't finding anything HEALTHY in a restaraunt. You ARE allowed to eat. Go out, enjoy your boyfriend and the rest of your company without worrying about calories.
    Now, you see, I can't do that while remembering I spent yesterday and the day before doing exactly that.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Here is where my advice stops. You are an 18 year old girl. I am a 45 year old man. I am not sure what I can say at this point. Good luck to you and I am sure you will make the right choices.
  • 19shann77
    Options
    I didn't look at the menu, but one thing that has been working for me is to just ask the restaurant to do grilled chicken/fish with veggies/salad. Sometimes I do chicken and veggies. Sometimes I ask them to do a salad with grilled chicken on the side. We went to an Italian place recently, and I got the tomato caprese which I love with grilled chicken on the side. Just look at the menu and pick out the healthy ingredients, and then ask for something specfic.
  • Ginerrva
    Options
    I didn't look at the menu, but one thing that has been working for me is to just ask the restaurant to do grilled chicken/fish with veggies/salad. Sometimes I do chicken and veggies. Sometimes I ask them to do a salad with grilled chicken on the side. We went to an Italian place recently, and I got the tomato caprese which I love with grilled chicken on the side. Just look at the menu and pick out the healthy ingredients, and then ask for something specfic.
    Ooooh, I might do that =] My only fear is being put on the spot if the server just says 'no'. Lol, trust me, with my luck, it'll probably happen.