I give in so easily!

Options
Hello myfitnesspal community! My name is Nadia and I am here trying to go from 170lbs to a 145lb weight.
The thing is that I stink at giving in to little temptations here and there! and they end up costing me on the calorie end of my plan!
What do you guys do to stay motivated?!!

I need help....

Replies

• smarie62
    Options
    I have an outfit that I want to wear hanging where I can see it, so that when I get tempted, I can check myself.
  • pingpong86
    Options
    I also have last years holiday dress! I need to be back in that before i go on holiday!

Think Positive x and good luck
  • Naudi37
    Options
    Well I am super tomboyish and I haven't worn a dress since I was about 17 years old (Homecoming top 25 haha) I am now 24 so yeah, it was definitely because everyone made me do it! haha =]]

So maybe I can hang up a size small in shirts because I tend to wear Medium and Large.... I should go out and buy a small shirt that is just AWESOME!!! Maybe that will do the same job the dress is doing for you ladies!!

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to respond.

Nadia
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Hi Nadia!

My weight loss goal is exactly the same as yours!! (170lbs to 145lbs)

I have a terrible sweet tooth and it's so hard to resist the temptation to cram my face full of cookies. But I want to loose the weight more than I want a whole package of oreos. So for me it's about portion control. I don't BAN sweets from my diet. I just have very small portions and typically only once or twice a week. This way I don't feel deprived and I haven't binged in a long time!

I'm also motivated knowing that not only will I feel better about myself if I lose the weight, I'll also be stronger and healthier. I want to live a long, fulfilling life and I know that staying fit and eating healthy will keep me headed in the right direction.

Just keep logging your foods and be honest about what you eat. If you see a trend in your indulgences, try to cut back a bit. You can do it!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Need a little psych here, maybe bait & switch yourself,,,

Find some nice healthy little treatlets that you like - not necessarily food - and when you are fighting that urge to munch have your other thing instead.

Most of the time when we want to snack we're not hungry, we're just bored. Or doing something we don't really want to do and a snack gives us an excuse to take a break from it.

So - address the real issue. Are you really just bored? Do something to occupy yourself that doesn't involve calories. Are you just looking for an excuse to take a break? Then take that break and do something else. It takes 5 minutes to walk around the block, and 5 minutes to go grab a Snicker bar - so which one is better for you? They're both a 5 minute break,,,

On the other hand, if you actually are hungry, then you should eat something. Just be smart about it. Veggies, a rice cake, an apple. I eat at least 6 times a day,,,

You should try to find some way to not have to tell yourself "No". "No" sux, and just leads to feeling sad and deprived. So find a way to say "Do-think-eat this other thing instead",,, much easier and healthier and better than just "No".