Vegetarians: Meal ideas I can cook in bulk for the week?

Options
2»

Replies

• makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Although it's great that you're eating less meat - keep in mind that FISH IS STILL MEAT! Fish are animals. So eating fish = eating animals = not vegetarian.
    I don't mean to be rude or anything. I'm not really into labels but it drives me crazy when people call themselves vegetarians when they still eat some animals. It's like saying "hey I don't eat crackers - I only eat Triscuits". Well ... that's still a cracker! :P

Thank you for this! The word is pescetarian (: more people need to learn it.

Very true! My BF is a Pescetarian and i'm constantly having to explain this to people! :)

My boyfriend's mum says she's 'vegan but drinks milk and eats cottage cheese'... as a vegan myself it's quite insulting, it's like... you're not really a vegan then are you ;p
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    www.fatfreevegan.com has an amazing low calorie very easy lasagna recipe. Tofu, spinach, mushrooms, noodles are main ingredients. It freezes well. I make it a lot of freeze for dinners later.
  • hollyrlambert
    hollyrlambert Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Need inspiration
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I have a vegetarian chili that is a kicker! I will eat on this all week long. And for the record, it's an award winner. Every time I've ever entered it in a cook-off, it's always won. Against ALL the meat chilis, thank you very much.

You can find the recipe here: http://jenna3.livejournal.com/311174.html

The fruits and nuts are optional, for when you need a little extra something to make it fun. It's great with or without and both ways have won awards.

Another option I love, is 3 bean salad:

Dark red kidney beans,
    wax beans
    garbanzo beans
    chopped onion
    chopped olives (optional, I like 'em)
    And a low-sugar Italian-style dressing of choice. Mix and let sit for a few hours at least. I make a big batch and have this with every meal. You can also make with black beans for higher fiber.
  • Ali_b31
    Ali_b31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out www.ohsheglows.com. It is a mostly vegan blog but can be tailored. She has AMAZING salad recipes that will last several days. I also love taking trader joe's soyrizo and chickpeas and making a meal with a piece of warmed flat bread or toast.