Crock Pot Recipes

Options
I'm looking for some easy, healthy crock pot recipes to try out. I am in no way a cook, so it needs to be very simple to follow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Rather than suggest recipes only because my definition of simple will definitely be alot different than yours... consider http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1R2AURU_enUS500&sclient=psy-ab&q=easy+crockpot+recipies&rlz=1R2AURU_enUS500&oq=easy+crockpot+recipies&gs_l=hp.3..0i10l4.3000.9797.0.12343.22.8.0.1.1.0.2468.10780.2-2j8-1j4.7.0.les;..0.0...1c.JSaPYyewUuA&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=577e53bc82978f0e&biw=1024&bih=547

There were tons of websites that came up when I typed up "easy crockpot recipes'...

Not knowing your likes and dislikes, it would be better for you to pick and choose the ones that you are looking for....

I only use my crockpot for making homemade stocks or marinara.... everything else is old school, and even complex at times as well..

Good luck!
  • hannahwrnr
    hannahwrnr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You may have to change a few things to make this one healthier, but I do chicken teriyaki (sp?)
    I dump one onion (cut into fours roughly), one can of pineapple rings, one bell pepper, and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce on top of 1 lb chicken breasts in the crockpot. (I usually ad some garlic powder too). I let it cook 3-4 hours high or 6-8 low. Right before serving I add 1/4 cup more teriyaki sauce. I serve over brown rice. I really enjoy this dish.

I also cook chicken tacos in the crockpot. I put the chicken in (about 1 lb) and add taco seasoning (I buy the sodium loaded kind :-/ but if you make your own its better). Then I add chicken broth to just cover the chicken. Same as above high 3-4 low 6-8 hours. Then I shred the chicken and serve with black beans and brown rice in whole wheat tortillas.

I also have a few cream of chicken crock pot recipes but I won't post those here, since the goal is healthy recipes I'm assuming! I have found that by knowing how a crockpot cooks and knowing what flavors go together, you can really just create as you go with what you have. I love my crockpot!