University and Student life

Options
Im just about to go into my final year at university, and of course being a student means barley any money, easy quick meals (which are most of the time terrible for you) and lots of drinking! Anyone else in the same boat? would love to meet people who are in the similar situation for motivation and support :)
xo

Replies

• xsugarfairyx
    xsugarfairyx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also in your boat, do you also find its hard to buy some healthy meals in the canteen? feel free to add me and good luck with your studies :)
  • MissClaudia28
    Options
    agree, me being a college student, I'm always buying out, and spending alot of money.... and eating unhealthy. Feel free to add.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm *sort* of in a similar situation. I graduated college 2 years ago, and gained about 50lbs while I was in school. My quality of life has dramatically improved, but I still try to spend as little money as possible on food because even though I'm making $50k a year, my student loans are about $1,200 a month- OUCH!

And being an alcoholic is practically a requirement in my field, but I'm trying to REALLY cut back my drinking to about 2 drinks per week.

And since I work a full-time desk job, and I come home and do freelance, quick meals are my friend. I LOVE Trader Joe's for those quick meals.
  • lucille_heather
    lucille_heather Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    yeah i find cos some of my classes end at 6 and then i dont get back to my student house till about 7ish that i just dont have the motivation to make a proper meal, so its always processed food!
    Plus the student life, going out drinking constantly (which always ends up in comfort hangover food the next day) makes it even harder to lose weight!
    xo