A very hard road ahead someone please join me!! =)

Options
I've got over 150 lbs to loose ive battled with weight my entire life. I have low self esteem and hate the way I feel every day I get out of bed. With on top of many genetic health problems I have this darn weight to contribute which put me at risk for diabetes and as of right now my husband and I can't have children. So I'm here to quit making excuses and finally fix myself for me!
Would love it if anyone would like to join me on this long hard road. I'll support you just as much as I need support as well. So who's with me!! =)

Replies

• Positive_Thinker
    Positive_Thinker Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!

:smile:
  • kbutlerrvt
    Options
    You can do it! MFP is amazing! Feel free to add me!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I would be honored to be your friend. I'll send you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • mimina578
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I have similar problems as I have to lose a lot of weight to be able to get pregnant as well. I am already diabetic and have high blood pressure. We can do this...
  • AnnaMGP
    AnnaMGP Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Request sent. i have about 100 to lose just doing in small steps. Starting with 30.
  • adubyou
    adubyou Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A long, long time ago (I can still remember...), I started on the single most difficult task I thought I'd ever face. I was 420 lbs. and I wanted to be healthy.

A year and a half later, I weighed 155 lbs. No surgery, just diet and exercise. Blood, sweat, and tears (not to be confused with Blood, Sweat and Tears).

If I can do it, you definitely can do it.

Now, I'm back up (quite a bit too, I might add). I had a biking accident (pedal bike) about a year ago and was instructed no more working out for at least 4 months. My sitting on my butt for that time brought back old, bad habits... and I chunked back up.

Now I'm doing it again. So let's go, buddy. Let's do this together. Once you get started... it's like breathing. You HAVE to do it.
  • mraca
    mraca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too. We can do this.
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be of some support! You can do it!
  • xsugarfairyx
    xsugarfairyx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you can do it, feel free to add me. :)
  • you've got the right one baby!!!!! tis meeee!!! let's do it!!:happy:
  • msglamazon
    msglamazon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some of your concerns resonate with me! My husband and I also want to have a baby, but I just have to get rid of this weight I put on post-transplant. I lost 12 pounds about two months ago because I was working out with one of my best friends...then downhill all my hard work went. Looking to lose those 12 pounds again, plus more! Let's go!
  • VogtAndrea
    Options
    You're welcome to add me as a friend. I still have just over 100 lbs to lose but back in February, when I actually started (didn't join MFP till 8 weeks ago), it was over 150 lbs.
    I'm motivated to keep on till the job's done and then some. I tell people that what I'm doing is a 5 year plan and I'm 3/4 of the way into my first year.
    Set your goal realisticly, find an exercise program that's realistic and that you can work hard at, and log your meals honestly. If I can do this, anyone can.
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.
  • lhomstad
    Options
    :love: :heart: You can do it. Visualize 5 pounds lighter. Obtain it. Then do it again. Get to the core of why you overeat and look in the mirror and say I love you outloud to yourself. You can do it!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    For whatever it's worth, I was feeling pretty good at 39. Then I slowly gained weight as my wife and I got most of our food from drive-thru's and our life became more and more sedentary. I gained weight faster than her, but she did as well. I weighed myself on July 1st, 250lbs and only 5'8"-5'9". I got back into the gym and bike riding and said no more fast food more than once a week.

I lost 8 pounds by August 1st, then a friend recommended My Fitness Pal. It made me more accountable to my calories. It also made me more accountable to exercise and drinking water. It helps a million times that my wife is in on it, so hopefully you can recruit your husband as well. We commute to work together and do a quick game of frisbee golf. It is not too strenuous at all, more fun and gets us active before we go home and veg out like we used to. It helps us segue into the gym. The month of August saw me lose 16 pounds. My wife in the two months lost 12 and has really seen some toning of her arms and legs.

I'm telling you all this to let you know it can be done. My advice is be 100% truthful about your calories and do at least one thing physical everyday. Again, if you can recruit your husband, I think it will really help. And in terms of joining you, why not send me your physical activity everyday. Being accountable to someone besides yourself makes a HUGE difference.
  • ashleighe0126
    Options
    I just started too! And I have 100+ lbs to loose! We can do this together! I already added you :)
  • littlelady62
    Options
    It would be a honor to have you on my friends list. Will add you.:smile:
  • pepsi666
    Options
    I'm with you! Have added you and will glady give you my support :)
  • jemprecious
    Options
    ADD ME AS A FRIEND I HAVE LOST 140 POUNDS SO FAR , I NEED TO LOSE ANOTHER 60 . I CAN HELP YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY. YOU CAN DO THIS
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ultimately I had 150 lbs to lose, but I am already down 30 in almost 2 months! Keep it up and you will feel tons better as the weight starts coming off!!! Feel free to send me a friend request!