New to MFP, have PCOS and over 100+ lbs to lose...

Options
Anyone else have over 100+ lbs to lose and diagnosed with PCOS. Let's share tips for working out and eating! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I believe there is a PCOS group.
    I know I see the topic fairly regularly.
    WELCOME!
    feel free to add me as a friend. I have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    It's such a battle isn't it. Your body is always fighting you on weight loss. You need to lose weight to fix the problem and fix the problem to help lose weight. It's a nasty vicious cycle.
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I dunno what PCOS is but I sure have over 100lbs still to lose - add me and I'll do what I can to encourage you!!
  • PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and a little more than 60 pounds to lose. I love to give support- feel free to add me!
  • diyab74
    diyab74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP also..just started this week. I also have PCOS and have 100+ lbs to lose. Right now I'm having a hard time because my blood sugar is high and making me so darn tired all the time. I am fatigued and weak. Makes exercising that much harder. RIght now I am trying to get medical help and possibly get back on Metformin. I was on it before and it helped alot. I lost my job and lost my medical insurance so have been off of it for a few yrs and gained so much weight and feel just awful. I am eating according to the low glycemic index and its helping. Would love to be a support to one another and help in any way I can. Any advice you have is welcomed. :)
  • CassieLyle
    Options
    Im new to MFP and have PCOS as well.. I want to lose between 75-100lbs.. Today is day 3 at the gym.. Im trying to eat better to but Im such a picky eater!.. Glad to see there is other ladies going through this too.. GREAT SUPPORT
  • WendyLeeAnn
    Options
    Hi! I am just starting today and have failed at weightloss considerably. My mom suggested this site to me so I thought I would give it a try. It is free. I too have over 100 pounds to loose and having someone to share these struggles with would be awesome. I have low blood sugar issues and struggle with keeping my levels high enough. I wish you the best of luck on this journey and hopefully we can reach the end together a lot lighter than when we started. Have a beautiful day and I look forward to chatting with you.
  • MimiFlame17
    MimiFlame17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I had been knowing something wasn't right for years, finally found a doc 10 years later that listened to me and I was officially diagnosed
  • MimiFlame17
    Options
    thanks so much!!
  • jessmarie86
    Options
    Just actively started using MFP, was diagnosed a few months ago with PCOS, and I have more than 100 pounds to lose! :-/ Hoping that I can find some support here on this site, and hoping that I can learn that food is NOT a coping mechanism but IS just simply FUEL for my body to do what it has to do!! :-) Looking for some girls that understand where I'm coming from, to be accountability/support partners! :)
  • MimiFlame17
    Options
    AWESOME!! A lot of the girls have been soooo supportive! :)
  • akh1030
    akh1030 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP as well. Joined with a friend who suggested it. Would love a little more support too, looking to lose 100-120 lbs.