JUST WONDERING IF....

Options
I SHOULD RECORD MY WEIGH INS FOR THE WEEK AS I GO ALONG..MY WEIGH IN ISNT UNTIL THE 29TH, FRIDAY, BUT I KNOW I SHOULD BE EXPECTING TOM SOMETIME AT THE END OF THE MONTH BEGINNING OF NEXT......

I GOT ON TODAY AND IT HAD GONE DOWN A FEW LBS FROM MY LAST WEIGH IN BUT I WAS SO EXCITED I QUICKLY GOT OFF SO I WOULDNT COUNT HOW MANY POUNDS AND RECORD IT.....

I HEAR ALOT OF PEOPLE WEIGH ALL WEEK AND TAKE THE LOWEST READING OF THE WEEK. IS THAT ACCURATE? I DIDNT THINK IT WOULD BE BECAUSE IF U ATE WELL ON SUNDAY AND MONDAY AND USED THAT WEIGHT BUT ATE POORLY TUE WED THURSDAY FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WOULDNT THAT BE CHEATING SORT OF?

IM JUST WONDERING IF MY WEIGHT WILL GO UP AT END OF WEEK FOR TOM AND I WAS JUST THINKING MAYBE IF I RECORDED MY PROGRESS AND HAD A GAIN AT THAT TIME I WOULDNT BE SO DOWN....BUT I DIDNT WANT TO RECORD IT ON HERE AND THEN MESS UP MY WEEKLY FRIDAY WEIGH INS.....:huh:

Replies

• afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    I weigh once a week, every Friday morning and record it no matter what. If it is that TOM and it goes up a bit, I don't stress it. 2-3 weeks in a row of up and I know I am messing up.
  • natspoiledbrat
    Options
    I think most people usually weigh the most at the beginning of the week because you are typically just coming off of the weekend when most people "cheat" on their diets. Most people weigh less on Fridays. I usually weigh in every Monday or Tuesday morning before I eat anything. I would suggest picking one day a week to weigh yourself and to always weigh yourself at about the same time (6:30 am works best for me). This will give you a more consistent reading. Your weight can fluctuate anywhere within about 2 lbs. in one day. So if you are losing weight at a healthy pace, like 1-2 lbs/week, then not weighing yourself on a consistent day and time might skew your numbers.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Pick a day as your tracking weigh in - whatever day you want...doesnt matter - you have that you want to lose 69 pounds...that will take some time and over the time you want to see trends in your weigt loss - it doesnt matter if its once a week Fridays or every two weeks Wednesday. Just pick a day that works for you and go with it.
    If you get on the scale mid weigh in so be i t- use it as a motivator - if you are down in weight keep up the great work if you are up in weight look at your meals the day or two before and analyze your sodium or carbs or whatnot...dont let whatever the weigh in is get you down though - a weigh in is a measure but its one measure, take your measurements also and once a month or so record those...after a few months you will start to see that certain times of the month you are "up a bit" and certain times ou are down a bit....
    Remember the weigh in is YOUR measure it isnt the end all be all. We all, me included, get so focused on the weigh in that sometimes we lose sight of the long term goal....
    And as for TOM - you will go up in weight a day or two before and the first few days...its isnt real weight (fat) it is water retention and bloating...so dont let it discourage you - its the badge of being a woman!
  • stella_star
    Options
    I don't think daily weighing is a good idea, so many factors cause your weight to fluctuate! I just do it first thing in the morning on the same day each week - I sometimes cheat an weight in between, I have no good reason for it and just make sure I don't take the numbers too seriously. if it goes up a little at TOM I know that's why so don't let it bother me.

I think measuring yourself every one or two weeks is a better guide than weighing - obiously you can still get a bit of bloating that will affect the measurements but I find it way more accurate and encouraging!