Not Sure What To Do?

Options
I live in a very small town, and the closest gym is about 23 miles away. I got home today expecting to do a brand new work out with our weight bench, barbell, and a little extra weight (as I was just starting)...but I couldn't understand the instructions, and had no one to explain it to me. So I was just going to get on the treadmill for a while, but my mom is in the same general area doing important work. It's also raining outside.

I have nothing to really do for exercise, and it's killing me.

Any tips for days like these?

Replies

• smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered DVDs? I live way out in the country and a gym is out of the question. I also live in a very cold, snowy climate, so well over half of the year, running is out of the question. So I do DVDs. You can get your cardio and strength training done with them.

I've had good results with Jillian Michaels stuff, and even better results with Turbo Fire and Insanity. Both the latter workouts will kick your butt and give you a better workout than you would get in a gym or anywhere else.

Good luck!
  • jimmerwoo
    jimmerwoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything more refreshing than running in light rain. Get a light waterproof top to keep most of the rain off and go for a jog. The heat generated from your body keeps you warm enough on mild days. There's no reason to stay indoors.

Good luck.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Try Bodybuilding.com. Use the search box up top and where it says whole site change that to exercises. You can look up how to do certain exercises with the equipment you have. They will have videos to explain to you how to do the movements.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Get on youtube and look up Bodyrock.tv.
    Or you could just do some jumping jacks, pushups, squats, lunges, mountain climbers, burpees, etc.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am on my second round of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and I am loving it! My neighbor has been going to the gym about 2 months longer then I have been working out and I have lost more weight then here! I had her over to do a cardio video with me and it kicked her *kitten*! So now she is starting it! The gym is only as good as you make it and I feel i push much harder and burn more calories with her videos! Check them out, its totally worth it. Good luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i don't like workout videos. I find distractions at house. I drive 15 miles each way to gym. I get better workout there.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    youtube could help to explain how to do things. Just search youtube like you would google. Also you could use dvd's like previously mentioned or if you have pinterest account I see a lot of exercise ideas on there.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    When I can't use the treadmill at home, I jog/walk in my room or dance with my iPod. Jumping jacks, anything to stay moving for a good 30-60 minutes. ALWAYS better than nothing!

Search youtube videos , they're amazing., You can even find the 30 DAY SHRED on youtube, for free!

Google some pilates/yoga stretches.

I live in the country and gym is never an option, we have weights and a treadmill.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You tube has so many things.....
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Buy a set of bands, do stuff from you tube, do lunges, do squats, push ups run in place..there are lots of things to do.