Tomorrow's weigh in after a food frienzy weekend.

Options
So I weigh in tomorrow morning. I'm really really trying to prepare myself for the scale to go up a few pounds due to the weekend I had. Ugh. I hope it isn't that bad. :ohwell: I'll be really really upset if I'm right back to where I started from and I'm afraid of what I'll do....like get mcdonalds or something in self pitty lol. I know..that wouldnt make sense but I can't explain myself. ughh

Replies

• karensp
    karensp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there I had a really bad week last week, it was my birthday and it was dragged out for days of takeaways and meals out, and each time I was 'naughty' I had the mentality of , well if i'm gonna i'm gonna go the whole hog!!!
    Fortunately I only put a lb on!! Hopefully yours wont be too bad!!
    But got straight back to it now!! Every little helps.. good luck x:flowerforyou:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    First off - positive outlook girl....stop with the what if's - take it day by day - your weigh in is tomorrow - so have a positive day and see what happens. If you went up - look at it as a lesson that you cant do it again...if you stayed the same consider yourself lucky and think before you do it again and if you went down then you didnt do as bad as you think you did.
    But, whatever you do dont use it as a reson to blow all the work you've done...you will only be sad and mad afterwards.
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    Don't worry about it. If you started back on the plan on Monday,just stay on it. Those short term gains will go away again. Maybe do a few extra minutes of workout each day. We all go through it. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Thats the thing...I havent even started working out yet lol. But I did good yesterday. So Im hoping the damage isnt too bad. Thanks Guys :)
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It'll be fine, I had an Indian on Saturday and the day after I'd still hit my first weight loss goal, and a couple of days before that after an exceptionally bad day at work I ate a portion of CHIPS (oops) and that didn't effect me either it looks like, or if it did not by much :-). Thing about falling off the wagon is just to get straight back on again and don't plague yourself with guilt over it! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • emily859
    Options
    I had a dietician tell me once that unless you consumed an extra 3500 calories, you likely didn't gain a pound of fat. At worst, when you increase your calories for treats/ splurges you are probably consuming maintenance calories... so, you are probably ok. :) But, one thing to keep in mind, if there is a gain on the scale, it could be from water retention if you ate a lot of sodium or drank a lot of alcohol b/c these things tend to cause your body to cling to water rather than releasing it.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    thanks emily! I agree with you. I weigh in tomorrow as well and it helps to remind myself!!