David Kirsch 48hr detox!

Options
Hi guys!

I am starting the 48hr detox today and already finding it hard not to eat!! I think it's psycholoigical...

Will let you all know how it goes :o)

PS Please refrane from slating cleansing systems on this thread....thanks ;o)

Replies

• curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    what does this one involve doing? ive never heard of it before
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    it's a 2 day master cleanse.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    cl01-cheerleader-cheerleading-cheerleading-competition-smiley-emoticon-000524-medium.gif
    Hope it goes well for you :)
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Be interested to know how it goes!

Good luck...never tried any of these things as always thought they were a 'fad' but don't know till you try...

:smile:
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I know what you mean about the fad thing, but to be honest I am doing it to kick start me really and without giving you tmi(!!) I feel like I need a bit of a cleanse!

I must say though, I am only half way through day one and I'm finding it hard- it's not really the not eating- it's more the drink.... it's not altogether plesant!!

SHBoss- I know your thoughts on this and have read the (very interesting) article from Web MD, but I assume that it is directed to the longer cleanses? As this is only 2 days I shouldn't be too worried about nutrient deficiencies no?
  • stella_star
    Options
    Be interested to know how it goes!

Good luck...never tried any of these things as always thought they were a 'fad' but don't know till you try...

:smile:

They are. Your liver does a pretty good job at detoxing by itself, there is no need for a "detox" diet. Far better of just cleaning up your diet and ditching processed foods and alcohol if you want to "detox"
  • sparklepants
    Options
    'PS Please refrane from slating cleansing systems on this thread....thanks ;o)'
  • stella_star
    Options
    I'm not slating cleansing systems - I'm stating some facts. People should see both sides rather than just the posts saying how great it is. You may not want negative comments but you have to accept that as a consequence of posting on a public board. I don't like seeing things like this encouraged so I will say something.
  • sparklepants
    Options
    A, I have not said 'how great it is'
    B, You clearly haven't read the whole thread.
  • stella_star
    Options
    A, I have not said 'how great it is'
    B, You clearly haven't read the whole thread.

A, I wasn't quoting you, I don't think I've made out in any way that I am quoting you "I don't like seeing things like this" I'm talking about the topic of "detox" in general.
    B, I have, it's pretty short
  • sparklepants
    Options
    Clearly you have nothing better to do, so now that you have 'informed' the readers maybe you could stop bothering me?

FYI- I was quoting you ;o)
  • burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    steady on people...:tongue: haha

sparkle - know where you're coming from - not wanting things slated n I delibereately held back on my first comment...

but have to agree with stella_star - there are two sides and these posting forums are for people to put their 2 pence/cents in and give each other advice/encouragement and warnings...(in my opinion)

Whatever weight you lose from fasting you will probably gain back when you come back off the fast - because you're body will be starvation mode and will grab any nutrients and store them immediately.

on the detox side - I did some reading and I think it does help detox your body and giving your digestive tract a rest is which can be beneficial.

Not something I would go through - the pain and effort would outweigh the rewards - but I hope you prove me wrong and it kick starts you're weight loss sparklepants! :happy:

shows you're dedicated!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'd bought one of those 48 hour detox juices ages ago, but it'd been sitting in the cupboard for months because I live with my boyfriend, and we eat together, so it's kind of difficult to retain the willpower to do a total detox with no solid food when he's tucking into a curry! So he was away for the weekend and I thought I'd try it... Am currently at the tail end of Day 2, and haven't been uncontrollably hungry yet! Although the walk to my gym today the smell of grilled chicken wafting from one of the cafes round the corner this afternoon nearly ended me!

I've been using the thermobubbles as well, which taste not too bad (although a bit too sweet for my liking). I find the 48 hour detox mix is quite sour, like drinking lemon juice that has a vague scent of maple syrup (weird). I didn't get the super juice though as although it stated there was no added aspartame, the girl in the shop couldn't say if there were any artificial sweeteners in it. Having said that, at 30kcal, the thermobubbles probably have a sweetener in there...

I cheated this afternoon though and had a sachet of instant miso soup with sea veg though (I skipped my usual with the tofu). As far as cheating goes I figured that wasn't too bad... ;-)

Ooh, and I almost forgot to mention - the girl in the shop I bought the 48 hour detox from mentioned she'd done it, and had found she had heaps of energy...however one of the guys there had also tried it and he felt totally lethargic the entire time. I've (thankfully) been lucky and have had loads of energy all yesterday and today, despite not getting enough sleep the past week. I think this may also be because I don't eat very unhealthily most of the time - I just eat too much. So it's not like my body is trying to get rid of months of Mcdonalds abuse or whatever.