Health professionals? Ortho?

Options
After the birth of my second child 5 mths ago I was diagnosed with spondylolethesis(sp?) my doc told me for asthetic desirability I could wear a good supporting panty girdle. I was just curious if anyone could make suggestions on how I should go about purchasing one or being fitted or whatever it is one would do. Just so u know I am in South Alabama so we don't have a huge selection of wear to purchase things like this. Any thoughts are welcome just please be respectful and don't poke fun :)

Thanks Misty

Replies

• mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Can't figure out how to edit posts on my phone! Just wanted to add this would be in place of a back brace hence the asthetic appeal. I just can't see my self going around all the time with a back brace on!
  • txmaryk
    txmaryk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Do you have a local Hanes/Bali/Playtex store? Or a higher end clothing store that sells foundation garments. They usually are very friendly and happy to help measure you to get the correct fit for bras, underpants and girdles. And very discrete and professional.

I can totally sympathise with you wanting a girdle over a back brace. I can tell you from experience I have worn both an orthorpedic brace fit specficly for me and a girdle. Both gave me the exact same support and the girdle was MUCH more comfortable and less costly.

I went to Nordstrom to get fit and then when I decided that I was comfortable in what I was wearing I went to the outlet to get different colors at a discount.

Just let the person who fits you know what the doctor recommended because there are different levels of support.
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • dep474
    dep474 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same condition and doctors have never mentioned a brace to me. Another suggestion may be a bridal shop just to get the right fitting and then try to find less expensive ones online or in outlets like suggested above.