"The Most Accurate Calories Burned Estimator"

Options
I was introduced to a great site today, & I wanted to share it with everyone - http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc.

On this site it list just about any activity you can think of from shopping, to doing the dishes to weaving cloth (for those who do that); along with a whole bunch of exercises of course. It is fantastic for those activities that you can't find in MFP database. All you do is enter your weight, enter the amount of time next to the activity you did & hit calculate, it will give you the calories burned! Keep in mind that as your weight changes, so does your calorie burn, so you have to keep updating your weight to figure out what you are burning on those activities & adding them to your diary! :wink:

I'd like to thank lgav23 for filling me in on this site, it is awesome!!!!

Replies

• burner
    burner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

thanks very much - I'll be using that!

:happy:
  • lswatson111304
    lswatson111304 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'm checking it out.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I checked that out. Pretty good. However, it tells me the same thing MFP tells me, and I can keep all of my information in one place here.

Also, you do know you can add excersises to the MFP data base.
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I checked this out so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! They even have snowmobiling on there! I've often wondered how many calories I burn when I go snowmobiling for 4 hours...I'm always sore like I got a good workout in. According to that calculator I am burning 842 calories....woo hoo!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    it's a great site. i will say that the calories was pretty close to what this site shows. this site is only lower by like 8 calories.
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I checked that out. Pretty good. However, it tells me the same thing MFP tells me, and I can keep all of my information in one place here.

Also, you do know you can add exercises to the MFP data base.

I'm basically just using it to fill in holes on MFP...that site has more specific activities that I'm going to add to MFP. I'M just using it for reference, I have enough to keep track of on this site...I don't want to log on another site!!! :laugh:

And I love this site too much to go elsewhere!!! :wink:
  • heinz4u
    heinz4u Posts: 14
    Options
    Im going to check it out. thanks
  • Fiskmama
    Options
    I'm curious as to how they come up with their calories burned. I would think your level of activity (i.e. how hard your working) would have to play into how many calories burned. I have yet to find a calculator that considers weight, avg HR during activity, and time. I think that would be the most accurate. However, this one is pretty good. :)