Fat Kid Starting Insanity...Questions and Any takers?

Options
Hey Everyone.

This chick is trying to muster up the courage to start INSANITY. Seeing how i am 203 lbs and out of shape I am a little skeptical and would like a buddy system. Also has anyone else that needs to lose 30+ lbs ever done this. I saw the commercials but they were all ppl who needed to lose like 5 lbs not 30. n PLEASE HELP.

Replies

• juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I did it and want to go round two will support you as much as I can if you want!
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    I'm about 181 and need to lose about 30-35lbs to be in healthy range. I'm finishing week 3 of Insanity. Cmon, do it. It seems like we can't because we are so out of shape, but I did and you can. Add me as a friend.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I need to loose the last 30 lbs of my 80 lb journey so I am hoping to do this program!
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    You can do any program as a beginner, as long as you pay attention to your Target Heart Rate and keep it from going over 85% (max)... I would suggest keeping it lower, though, perhaps maybe between 60 and 70% max. You can google Target Heart Rate charts and find your numbers and how to get your Target HR while exercising.

Do modified moves to begin with, and work your way up gradually to more advanced moves. If you have to pause, then do so, but keep moving even if you have to walk in place.

You can do it!!! The body adapts to cardio fairly quick. I've been doing Ripped in 30 (now on the last week 4) and I can honestly say that in 3 weeks my cardio has improved so much that I could barely do 15 seconds of jumping jacks, and now I am completing 30 seconds of jumping sumo squats! I'm proud because I knew I could finish it! I do take breaks, but they are very short and I make sure to keep moving at all times, even while sipping on my water. Good luck!
  • snhawkins
    Options
    I'm about 181 and need to lose about 30-35lbs to be in healthy range. I'm finishing week 3 of Insanity. Cmon, do it. It seems like we can't because we are so out of shape, but I did and you can. Add me as a friend.

Did you see changes the first time you did it.... I really just want to shred some wieght because I know I won't get abs/definition the first time i do it.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I've been debating buying it (but it's sooo expensive)... Maybe I'll see how it goes for you and think about it some more. Good luck!
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did it for a while, I need to get back on it! It's a great fat loss program you will see results! Obviously don't push yourself to the point of injury but go as hard as you can, it's like high school sports team hard! But it's a great way to drop fat, and worked for me to drop 15 lbs, and I only had done like 4 weeks of it! GOOD LUCK :)
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can do any program as a beginner, as long as you pay attention to your Target Heart Rate and keep it from going over 85% (max)... I would suggest keeping it lower, though, perhaps maybe between 60 and 70% max. You can google Target Heart Rate charts and find your numbers and how to get your Target HR while exercising.

Do modified moves to begin with, and work your way up gradually to more advanced moves. If you have to pause, then do so, but keep moving even if you have to walk in place.

You can do it!!! The body adapts to cardio fairly quick. I've been doing Ripped in 30 (now on the last week 4) and I can honestly say that in 3 weeks my cardio has improved so much that I could barely do 15 seconds of jumping jacks, and now I am completing 30 seconds of jumping sumo squats! I'm proud because I knew I could finish it! I do take breaks, but they are very short and I make sure to keep moving at all times, even while sipping on my water. Good luck!

^^Exactly what she said^^
  • snhawkins
    Options
    That is awesome I would love to lose 15 lbs in a month!
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Hey, I haven't did insanity but about to tackle Turbo Fire and Les Mills Pump after doing Turbo Jam. i have 35lbs to get to my GW after losing 42lbs so far.

Edit to say that I plan to do Insanity in the future :D
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I've been debating buying it (but it's sooo expensive)... Maybe I'll see how it goes for you and think about it some more. Good luck!

I'm sort of in this boat, but also know I need to build up some strength first. I still am struggling to do squats without weights so I'm thinking I need to wait a little bit before going "insane" so my goal is to get the Insanity program for my 40th birthday, which is in March. :glasses:
  • devinahorlick
    devinahorlick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started it! It's hard, I'm not going to lie but it is a a great workout. I am on day 4 and my whole body hurts (in a good way). I would suggest this workout to anyone!

Good luck!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple of days ago, and have well over 30 lbs to lose. It is really hard, but when I get to the end of the workout, that is the most amazing feeling in the world! Good luck to you!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Just do your best and leave the rest. If the jumping is too much for you then you may wanna start with a lighter program and work up to Insanity. But you won't know until you TRY!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I started my first round at 195 at 5'7.5", and lost 12 pounds and 19 inches during round one. I just started round 2 today:) You can do it at your own pace, and seeing your improvement week to week is definitely inspiring.
  • leafstucker16
    leafstucker16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just did the fit test starting day 1 tomorrow! (I am 233, looking to get to 180)
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it! Others have said, and I agree, modify the moves, and keep your heart rate in you target zone. You will learn to pace yourself as you work through the program so you can make it through the whole video. It definitely works, the high intensity intervals burn calories like crazy! It's very hard but it is short so that makes it more doable

It kind of goes without saying, but if you want results with program you have to follow the diet which is higher in protein and focuses on healthy carbs, just a good healthy diet in other words.

Look around you can find it a lot cheaper than the beach body site, I got mine on ebay for pretty cheap.
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am a fatter old lady who did it. I have two weeks left. I have not lost that much weight (about 7 pounds) but I did lose over 20 inches and I have two weeks to go. It is hard work and you get out of it what you put into it. I have not missed one single day. I even did it while on vacation in Vegas. Below is my blog that I started keeping it when I started Insanity.

I love it and it has changed my life. It has given me more confidence than I ever had. I will two at least one more round. :)

Good luck!!

http://susan-nix.blogspot.com/
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

Free online...Lol
  • snhawkins
    Options
    How do you know what to keep your heart rate at? Sorry new to all of this.