Hard to stay motivated!

Options
I am so discouraged. I'm gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over. I'm working out 5 days a week and tracking my calories. If I have one bad day, I seem to gain it all back! It has taken me 6 years to lose 30 pounds. I'm starting a pedometer challenge with some friends to motivate me. I think turning 40 has changed the game. I used to be able to lose weight any time I wanted and now it feels like a full time job!

Replies

• CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I feel like I can't get below 140lbs. All summer long I've watched my scale be 145lbs one week, 143 another, back up to 145 then down to 141... its very frustrating! Just got to keep at it and don't give up!! The worst thing you could do is give up.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same problem, gaining and losing the same 2lbs over the course of 3 months-so frustrating and a little soul crushing after all the hard work I am doing. A couple weeks ago I hid the scale and just kept working. I also increased my calories a little bit. I did a weigh-in today. The results? This month I only lost 1lb, but a total of 7 inches have come off of my hips, waist, thigh and arms. The scale is back in the closet and I am about to start week 5 of Couch to 5 K. Don't let the scale drive you crazy! Try staying off of it for a while (think of it as a mental health break) and just keep plugging along. Good luck and don't get discouraged!
  • yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am about to drop kick my scale, haha. I might try to give it to someone else and weigh in at their house, once every few weeks. I was 3 pounds away from a number I hadn't seen in 8 yrs, worked my butt off, ate great...just felt I was going to see that magic number...instead...gained 5!!!