Fat Kid Starting Insanity...Questions and Any takers?

Options

Replies

• anwilson_83
    Options
    i got through month 1before my life went crazy.but i wanna do it again and finish it. i definately saw a difference in just the 1 month i did it. :) i was 170 or so when i started it and my goal weight is 130. i lost between 5-10 lbs the month i did it,cant remember exactly. add me if you want :)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I started today!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    How do you know what to keep your heart rate at? Sorry new to all of this.

Get a heart rate monitor - best investment for my health that I have ever made (I use a polar ft4)
  • snhawkins
    Options
    Where did you find it online?
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My suggestion.. DO IT! But MODIFY and if you want to shed the pounds focus on DIET DIET DIET!!!! Follow the guidelines in the book and you will see results!
  • snhawkins
    Options
    Does anybody know the "schedule" you are suppose to do while on INSANITY?
  • Life_Is_Good2_Me
    Life_Is_Good2_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree with others posts about modifying the moves. I did P90x starting at 167 (I'm 5'4). I told my husband "This isn't for fat people!". Haha. I stuck with it and lost 16lbs but mor inches. We didn't eat the meal plan but did cut my calorie intake. We have also done JM 30 day shred and went back to P90x. That's when I found MFP and started eating within appropriate calories. I also broke weight loss goal into 10 lb increments. That way I could actually reach a goal and start a new one. It made me feel more successful. I also modified moves in the beginning to complete as much of the program as possible. Do what you can without failing and then modify as needed. You will be surprised how quickly you will progress, lose weight and get stronger! Feel free to add me if you want to encourage each other through it! I have 10 to 15 more pounds to go. My first goal was healthy weight in the BMI chart, now I want lean. It's coming off slowly, but I feel I will be more successful this way. Hope some of this helps! Good luck!
  • snhawkins
    Options
    What the best way to modify their moves?
  • ZivileZu
    ZivileZu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Starting Insanity today :) Have about 20 lbs to lose..
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I weigh 157, but I started on 12/28/11 at 214. I spent my first two months easing into workouts by walking, using the Wii fit and a mini elliptical trainer. Once I dropped about 20 pounds, I returned to my old Biggest Loser DVD workouts. I started P90X at 180 pounds in early May, was down to 164 by the end of that program. I started Insanity August 20....Day 16 tomorrow! Here's a link to my blog if you'd like a play-by-play: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/danasings

You asked how to modify it. Insanity is almost all high impact, with a lot of jumping. If you have back, knee, or ankle problems, you will have to keep everything low impact. Watching them first to see what you'll need to modify would help a lot.

Best of luck to you!!
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Planning to start on 9/10. At least 40 lbs to lose.
    I'm worried about the high impact on my low back. It is and has always been and always will be BAD.
    What would be a better option? P90X?
  • LuxHappens
    LuxHappens Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My first suggestion is to modify any exercises that seem to be putting excess stress on your lower body joints (hips, knees, ankles).

I sometimes do the Insanity workouts with my mother, who is 5'10" and weighs about 220 pounds (I am 5'8" and 157.)
    She takes some of the movements down a notch (some of the jumping exercises, for example) to avoid overexerting herself... not to give you the impression that she's doing an inadequate workout - she has lost almost 20 pounds in the past month and appears to be the Incredible Shrinking Woman!

I have just read that sometimes people get discouraged and sometimes even quit Insanity because they can't keep up with the people in the video -- it is crucial to remember that:
    1) those folks are paid fitness models, and it is obvious that none of them are overweight.
    2) Insanity incorporates a "fit test" which you perform every few weeks throughout the program. THIS is how you healthily manage your progress, by comparing your new, improved results to your initial ones -- not by comparing yourself to the models mentioned above.

My second suggestion -- make sure you're fueling your body properly. 1200 calories won't cut it (I haven't even peeped at your diary, I just wanted to put that out there, I know a lot of MFP'ers are under the impression that that is the method to drop pounds).
    I love Insanity. It is high-powered and involved and most of the time I am surprised when the ending comes. It goes by so quickly, and then you are free to enjoy your day!

Happy training!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This chick is trying to muster up the courage to start INSANITY. Seeing how i am 203 lbs and out of shape I am a little skeptical and would like a buddy system. Also has anyone else that needs to lose 30+ lbs ever done this. I saw the commercials but they were all ppl who needed to lose like 5 lbs not 30. n PLEASE HELP.

I started it last week at 201.9lbs. Yeah I have to do girly push ups as proper push ups hurt my wrists and back, yeah I have to stop and get my breath and grab a drink of water but I'm doing it. day 9 today. Love/hate shaun T. He certainly pushes you and I guess you have to push yourself to 'your' limit. Just do it (a Nike would say!).

Good Luck.

Oh Amazon and Beachbody are SOOOO expensive. I got mine from www.ecrater.co.uk and they have also dispatch to US & Canada www.ecrater.com - it takes 3 weeks exactly for delivery (comes from China) but it's all there and only £30/$40 so I think worth the wait. No excuses on money now.

x
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone.

This chick is trying to muster up the courage to start INSANITY. Seeing how i am 203 lbs and out of shape I am a little skeptical and would like a buddy system. Also has anyone else that needs to lose 30+ lbs ever done this. I saw the commercials but they were all ppl who needed to lose like 5 lbs not 30. n PLEASE HELP.

I'll be starting Insanity on Thursday, so I would love to buddy or two (or more) for this as well!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been toying with the idea of doing insanity and have a few questions! Is it necessary to do it every day or would every other day be ok? I also run 3 times per week and don't want to stop my running. How long are the work outs and are they easy to fit into everyday with full time working? If you do need to do it everyday what do people do about holidays and Christmas coming up etc?

Does anyone know of any reliable sellers on eBay? Or have any sites that deliver to the uk?

I have done the shred and found that effective is this as good?

Am I just finding too many excuses not to do it?

I have just joined MFP and have 12 lbs to lose, I have lost 10 with ww but have lost the will with ww now, any advice would be gratefully received especially regarding INSANITY and how I can fit it in with existing training and life. The other option Is ripped in 30 what do you think is best?

Thank you in advance.
  • Perixi
    Perixi Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to start this on Monday if anyone wants any more friends for motivation please add me. :)
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ok I think I am going to buy it I hope it's worth it!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I've been debating buying it (but it's sooo expensive)... Maybe I'll see how it goes for you and think about it some more. Good luck!

If you go to the beachbody website and not the teambeachbody website you can get Insanity is 3 monthly installments.