Anyone else get really mad when someone eats your food?

Options
Now I'm talking about the groceries you go out and buy yourself, with your own money. You come home to see someone else has eaten the food you specifically bought for you to eat as part of your meal plans.
That makes me angrier than anything.
Am I alone on this one or do you guys feel me?

Replies

• mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    this typically doesnt happen to me because my husband shuns everything that even looks or sounds "healthy." but he might take a few of my cashews that i painstakingly measured out. if i measured it out, i want every single calorie in that portion! i counted it, i want it in my belly!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I'm territorial with my food. If it is all weighted and measured you better don't touch it. Lol
  • cindy6649
    cindy6649 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband won't stop eating my food. He grabs the bags or bowls that I've measured because he says they are convenient. Well that's great for him but it really annoys me when I think something is in the fridge ready to go and it has already gone to work with him. At least he knows better than to try to eat my food when we're at home because I'll smack him. :mad:

I feel your pain!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    this typically doesnt happen to me because my husband shuns everything that even looks or sounds "healthy." but he might take a few of my cashews that i painstakingly measured out. if i measured it out, i want every single calorie in that portion! i counted it, i want it in my belly!

^ this!!!
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ha, yes, I've been through this. Kinda yes and kinda no.

My hubby seems to have a second sense for when I have weighed too much of a product (chips, nuts, etc.), and he'll walk by and pinch from the bowl - usually 1 chip or 1 nut (I have this never ending fight with myself, do I put it back in the bag or not ... germ issues and contamination give me a pause everytime).

Sometimes I will purposefully give him a nip from the bowl when I know an extra chip or two has dropped in.

Other times it is something I really like, such as chocolate, and I don't want to share! :)
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    UGH YES!!!! my boyfriend eats a lot and right now his dad is living here and he eats all of my lower calorie food!! sometimes he buys food to bring home but it's usually way more calories than what i bought. SO ANNOYING. i get so angry.
  • hillaryroland
    Options
    my mom eats all of my food! I will ask her if she wants anything from the grocery store and she says no, but then the next day I come home to find my whole wheat breads and such have gone missing. I absolutely cannot stand it!!!