Teachers- what do you eat in your 20 min. lunch period?

Options
sometimes I don't even get 20 minutes. My normal go-to is a Lean Cuisine, salad, chobani yogurt. All of those can be eaten on the go. So, what do you pack for lunch and snacks?

Replies

• historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    leftovers from dinner the night before, sandwich and carrots/celery, salad. In a real pinch, school lunch. If I have no time I sometimes have a protein shake. I usually keep one in a mini fridge in my classroom.
  • tdemiter
    tdemiter Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't snack often (don't have time) so I eat a larger breakfast and make sure my lunch is packed full of protein! I never get to sit down! I've got to eat in between opening milk cartons and passing out napkins. ;-)

Nature Valley Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Protein bar: lots of protein and yummy!

Apple slices and some peanut butter.

Tuna salad wrapped in a large romaine leaf.

Almonds and a cup of mixed fruit.

Fruit salad: grapes, apple slices, some granola, and vanilla yogurt.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It depends on how fast I'm packing in the a.m. I have my emergency microwaveables in case I accidentally oversleep. I also have rice pasta that's frozen so I could dump it into my mini-transport crock with salsa and let it heat up and cook by lunch. I'd done breakfast bars with dry frozen fruit and nut bars. Basically, anything that can be eaten at a lightning speed.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    lunch = spinach salad with turkey or chicken breast or edamame, egg salad sandwich, tuna sandwich, turkey sandwich; occaisonally leftovers from dinner but so limited on time I don't want to waste time microwaving.

snacks = hard boiled egg with chopped veggies (cuccumber, peppers, grape tomato, celery, broccoli), greek yogurt, fruit, almonds and dried cranberries, protein shake (just protein powder and skim milk), string cheese. Occaisonally 100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn or a luna bar.

I always keep a can of soup, couple pkgs of instant oatmeal, luna bar, popcorn, and can of pineapple in my desk. I forget my lunch at least 2-3 times a year, so I keep a few staples in my desk for an emergency; better than resorting to school lunch.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to pack enough food for the day so that I don't go to the crap machine. After school I work a part time job at a gym. I take fruit, yogurt, couple of servings of chicken, lettuce, cashews, salad dressing and one of those steaming bags of vegetables. I can usually make it through the day with that. But I have to prepare on the weekend. Cook chicken for the week, wash lettuce and fruit.....just make sure I'm ready for the week. Good luck with the school year.
  • sorrelduncan
    sorrelduncan Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Flatbread with natural peanutbutter & honey or nutella or chicken salad. Apple, string cheese, greek yogurt, protein bars, nuts, rice quakes 80 calorie packs, carrots& hummus, grapes, organic chocolate milk.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teacher, but I just cooked a whole bunch of chicken tonight... I ate it for my dinner and I'm going to use it as my lunches for a couple of days as well. It should be enough for lunch and dinner tomorrow, and then lunch again the following day. Then that night I will cook up some more chicken! haha! I love me some chicken. Oh and some veggies... I made a little "vegetable medley" lol... red bell pepper, yellow onion and mushrooms and I cooked it in balsamic vinegar. it's pretty good. Just put it in a tupperware container and take it to work.
  • firecraker05
    firecraker05 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My go to meal so far this year has been tuna sandwiches on a thinbun with a small Caesar salad. Otherwise if I have some leftover chicken or fish from the night before I will toss that in my bag along with some frozen veggies or something. Or if im really in a pinch i have a couple lean cuisines for just that reason. I try to stay away from peanut butter because I have a couple students who are extremely allergic, and I don't want to cause any reactions. Hope everyone has a great school year :)