It deserves its own thread.

Options
Peanut Butter. Oh how I love Peanut Butter.

I just had some slathered on a sandwich thin with some sliced bananas on top for breakfast and I seriously wanted to cry because it was just so good.

Replies

• sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oooh me too!!!

Has anyone tried almond nut butter?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Never. Should I?
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My mouth seriously watered just from reading this...NO JOKE!!! lol!!! :laugh:
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love almond butter even more than peanut butter! Try it for sure! :happy:
  • lina1131
    Options
    Seriously, it's the best breakfast ever and it fills me up!

I'll definitely try almond butter. :smokin:
  • stella_star
    Options
    I've hated peanut butter for years but o nce I started losing weight it became my best friend! Almond butter is my favourite though, followed by hazelnut butter.

If you like banana you should try blending up a banana with a couple of tbsps of nut butter and spreading on an apple (or anything really) it's absolutely beautiful!
  • lina1131
    Options
    I've hated peanut butter for years but o nce I started losing weight it became my best friend! Almond butter is my favourite though, followed by hazelnut butter.

If you like banana you should try blending up a banana with a couple of tbsps of nut butter and spreading on an apple (or anything really) it's absolutely beautiful!

Mmm, that sounds really good!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is there any particular brand of almond butter you all eat? Because I tried a natural brand and I have to say, it did nothing for me. What am I missing??
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Omg, peanut butter and banana on toast is probably my favorite food. :-9 Yummm!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Me too.
    "Natural" peanut butter for breakfast nearly every day.
    Imagine my disappointment when I realized I was out of bananas this morning.
    Peanut butter and canteloupe just isn't the same (eaten seperately, of course). :cry:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    OOoooooo ... me too!!! It was my breakfast this morning... Peanut butter on toast... Sometimes, that is the only thing that sounds good... I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I'm trying to eat breakfast everyday... the peanut butter and toast thing is about all I can do a lot of times..... WOOT WOOT FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER!!! :laugh:
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I was in love peanut butter too -- then I switched to natural peanut butter and although it is in my top 10 foods, it just wasnt the same...
    I love pb and bananas on toast too!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I was in love peanut butter too -- then I switched to natural peanut butter and although it is in my top 10 foods, it just wasnt the same...

No way, when I switched to natural, that's when the love affair really started.
  • kandyjo
    Options

No way, when I switched to natural, that's when the love affair really started.

DUMB QUESTION : What is "natural" peanut butter and where do you get it?
  • TanyaH
    TanyaH Posts: 23
    Options
    My husband found this idea in Men's Health - take a low cal tortilla and put a thin layer of PB then slice bananas up and make a PB & Banana burrito --- OMG - the kids LOVE it and it is sooooo good... and less than a sandwich if you get the right tortilla!!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The whole food grocery store near me has a grinder. You put the peanuts in the top, set a jar under the spout near the bottom, and tada! You get natural peanut butter.

I just have to laugh. Right next to my keyboard is a banana and two tablespoons of peanut butter in a ziploc bag! YUM. My second breakfast!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    The whole food grocery store near me has a grinder. You put the peanuts in the top, set a jar under the spout near the bottom, and tada! You get natural peanut butter.

I just have to laugh. Right next to my keyboard is a banana and two tablespoons of peanut butter in a ziploc bag! YUM. My second breakfast!

So, just finely ground peanuts?
  • LittleSpy
    Options

DUMB QUESTION : What is "natural" peanut butter and where do you get it?

"Natural" peanut butter is peanut butter with only these ingredients: peanuts, salt

I find mine in the grocery store with all the other sugar & preservative filled peanut butter. :wink: The flavor takes some getting used to if you've always eaten the sugary stuff, but once I got past my preconceptions of what peanut butter should taste, it was ON! :laugh:

Oh, and don't fall for products like Skippy and Jif labeled "natural." They're not. There should be oil on the top (you mix it in when you open it), you should keep it in the refrigerator for freshness (oil has a relatively short shelf life), and the ingredients should be nothing more than peanuts and salt. YUM!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options

So, just finely ground peanuts?

Yep, and salt. Adam's Peanut Butter also qualifies, I believe.
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have loved natural peanut butter for like 10 years now. I was never into PB until I tried the natural stuff, then as someone else here said, "IT WAS ON!!" lol. what I find helpful is if you keep the jar of natural PB upside down in the fridge, then the oils stay at the bottom of the jar and you have to stir it less and it's not dry when you get to to the end of it. just a weird thing that I do! :happy: