Hit the wall!

cabochik
cabochik Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Stuck at 10 lbs. Working out at gym daily. Should I cut calorie intake? Cabochik

Replies

• lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    you could be building muscle mass - tell us what your calorie intake is before we suggest to cut it
  • ghostdivatonya
    ghostdivatonya Posts: 58 Member
    I agree. What are you eating? Since you are building muscle, your body might need a bit more food. Depends though!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I agree with the others, need to know your calorie intake first. Have you tried looking at the type of calories you are taking in instead of cutting back? typically find with people I work with that upping protien intake and keeping calories the same will move them off the rut. Just a thought!
  • You have to sit back and really look at all the areas of your diet and exercise. I know right now, my body is getting frustratingly accustomed to the low calories and extensive exercise and I tend to get "stuck" at a new weight every couple of pounds. I find focusing on things such as increasing my water intake and sometimes even getting a little more sleep at night tend to help me break through. If your calorie intake is high enough you could definitely try to decrease it, but you want to be sure you've tried all the little tricks before you do so, because depending on how much total weight you want to lose, you may have to decrease your calories even more in the future, so you don't want to put yourself too low on calorie limits very early on. I've also tried cutting out exercise for a few days (just two or three) while still maintaining my diet, and found that my body responds better to the exercise once I resume again.

These are just some little tricks I tend to use, nothing proven to work for everyone, but I thought I'd share a few ideas. I hope you are able to break through. Whatever you do, just keep at it, and it will pay off for you. Good luck :happy:
  • I'm a vegetarian:
    breakfast- raisin bran
    snack- cheese stick and apple
    lunch- veggie wrap or peanut butter/ jelly on wheat
    snack- V8 and carrots or crackers
    dinner- smart ones frozen meal
    snack- popcorn
    exersize: 30 cardio and 30 weights daily

any advice welcome.
  • bkeeldo
    bkeeldo Posts: 28 Member
    Have you taken your measurements? Sometimes you won't notice a loss on the scale but you will notice a loss of inches. That happens when you are losing fat and toning up.
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    I have the same problem! I work out every day for an hour with a calorie intake of about 1600. I've been 150 lb since I started my training 6 months ago. But my clothes fit better and my body fat % has gone down.

I suppose that's half the point, but I KNOW how frustrating it is!! I do notice a difference when I increase my water intake though!
This discussion has been closed.