Whats your favorite snack?

Options
Whats your favorite healthy snack..especially if u have a salty/sweet combo?

Right now I'm loving half a pint of Strawberries(75-100 calories) and a small bag of SkinnyPop Popcorn(100 calories-LOVE IT!)..I'm always looking for new snack ideas because I get bored easily.The above snack cured me of my nightime chips/ice cream craving.

Replies

• marysue1965
    marysue1965 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm digging apples & peanut butter < but careful on the peanut butter cause its high in calories.
  • cuteazz1
    Options
    Do u buy the individual tubs of peanut butter or do u just trust that a TB is a TB?
  • OhSoSerious92
    Options
    When I saw the title of this I was sure I would be able to say chocolatechip cookies and chocolate cake lol
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Bananas, apples, watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, whatever. That's my favorite snack. I pretty much bring a banana with me to work every single day for a morning snack.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    in season fruit and almonds. vegie sticks.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Raw carrots, almonds and pistachios, peaches and duck eggs.
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    100 cal popcorn!
  • Rosepower
    Rosepower Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Rivyta crackers (2 crackers=70 calories) with salsa....yummie replacement for chips and dip :D
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Who Nu! Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Taste pretty good and good on fiber & minerials/vitamins.
  • shadoewz
    Options
    salty/sweet combos: raisins and peanuts, or dark chocolate bits and raw almonds, celery with a bit of nut butter and currants

when I am desperate for something I shouldn't really have I rely on sugar free jello, sugar free fat free pudding, and crystal light to stave off any cravings
  • BoomerAngel
    Options
    My favorite "fix" is my special protein shake (half portion), which is vanilla flavored protein powder (Intek "Evolution"), with 2 tbsp. of PB2 (powdered peanut butter and only 45 calories for 2 tbsp) with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I combine these ingredients with a few cubes of ice in my blender, and it tastes like a milkshake. Total calories about 200....lots of protein. I cannot eat a small bag of popcorn....it only makes me crave more, so I have to avoid salt/sweet combos totally.
  • PaleoRDH
    Options
    A mashed banana with a 'plop' of cashew butter mixed in................. or a handful of those AMAZING sweet and spicy pecans from Trader Joe's. I even like those crumbled on top of a salad.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    These are pretty yummy for sweet and salty. I brought them to a potluck and my friend blogged about her version. It's basically a 2:1 dried fruit to nut ratio. I don't make these anymore because I cut out sugar, but I used to do 1 cup dried figs, 1 cup dried dates, and 1 cup almonds. If you do dates + walnuts + cocoa powder it tastes like a brownie!

http://www.bettycrockerass.com/2012/02/sweat-and-salty-cookie-date-balls.html
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Nuts, nuts and more nuts. I'll sometimes mix something else in so it appears that I'm eating a variety of foods. Jk, I also like protein bars and fruit
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Pita Chips with Sea Salt. Or Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips... Yummm.... cures the 'crunchy, salty' craving!!!
  • YamadaSan
    YamadaSan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love peanuts! I can't live without them, and these hi-fiber biscuits that I munch on sometimes lol. Stops me from going to low-carb though.....
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Pita Chips with Sea Salt. Or Stacy's Simply Naked Pita Chips... Yummm.... cures the 'crunchy, salty' craving!!!

I just read that Stacy's makes the Trader Joe's label pita chips. Private label brands are often made by the big name companies, but cheaper!
  • Aventuria
    Options
    I love me cottage cheese and raw veggies!
    Or a piece of fruit and a few almonds if I need sweet.
    Or a latte with skinny milk, yumm! :drinker:
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I love the Great Value Mango Fruit Bars that are at Wal-mart by the ice cream. They are 80 calories each and give me the "ice cream" that I crave, and are especially good after a work out! They give me my sweet taste for my sweet tooth and they are reasonably priced. :smile:
  • MustangGirl05
    Options
    I love Cottage Cheese with Blueberries or Raspberries, I eat it daily...great source of protein!! :love: