I'm really serious this time...

Options
Hi! I've been using myfitnesspal on and off for a while now. I'm having a hard time sticking to a plan to lose weight. I think reaching out to the community to find people going through the same things as me will help. So this time I am for real! I have to buckle down and do this! I have 2 small children and I am tired of still carrying around the weight I gained when I had them. I feel horrible about myself. I have a hard time being around other people because of the weight that I am. It's crazy because the picture I have of myself in my head is way different than what I really am. In my head I am an average size, I am young and in decent physical shape. But when I see myself in the mirror reality sinks in.

I am 28 years old. I am 5'5". I am a size 16/18. I weight 216 pounds. I need to lose 60+ pounds. And I probably couldn't even run .5 miles.

This is why I avoid the mirror often. This is why I avoid being around other people. Because it hurts to be around people who complain about their weight around me to make themselves feel better. Or have my old friends from high school talk about "how fat so and so got" with me standing right there. It makes me so depressed and I turn to food for comfort.

But I can't live like this anymore. I want to feel good about myself. I want to make new friends and be confident in myself. I want my husband to look at me the way he use to before I gained all this weight. I want my kids to be proud of me. I want them to look at me as a good example on how you should conduct yourself. Instead of being depressed I want to be empowered!

I'm not sure why I have failed so many times with my diet and exercise. Maybe I expect too much too soon. So I'm going to try to set a smaller goal to achieve so that I don't get off course. Two weeks from now I would like to be 5 lbs. lighter. I would also like to workout at least 4 times a week for the next two weeks.

I would love accountability buddies! Add me as a friend! We can do this together!

Replies

• TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Sending request!!! We can help each other!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    sending a request! :)
  • stefanieanne14
    stefanieanne14 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 (3 1/2 & 1 1/2). Started this journey about a year ago at 205 and have lost about 50lbs. I'm stalled right now but started weight lifting so I'm hoping to see some more changes whether they happen with inches lost or lbs gone. I've been where you are and just want you to know you can do this! Here's my work in progress story if you want to take a look: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/689286-mfp-1-year-anniversary-50-lbs-down-w-pics

Sending friend request now!
  • 87clovers
    87clovers Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love and accountability partner too!!! I am sending you a message and request. I just started today and have similar goals so this will be great!!!
  • LOLABUNNY20
    LOLABUNNY20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IM HEARING WHAT YOU'RE COMPLETLY SAYING I FEEL THE SAME WAY ALSO. ITS LIKE IM ALWAYS TRYING BUT DOEASNT SEE THE CHANGING THAT IM TRYING MY BEST TO SEE.. ITS LIKE I TAKE 3 STEPS AHEAD N FALL BACK 10X HARDER...ITS LIKE IM A FAILUR //// #TEAMWECANDOIT
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Are you writing my life story? I'm a mother to three and an undergraduate student at a big university. I always feel so huge and out of place. I lost 18 lbs with mfp, but gained it back over the summer. I really wanna do it this time!
  • HiThere23
    HiThere23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Reaching out for help has definitely been a good decision this evening. I already feel empowered from you ladies. :) It's nice to see that I'm not alone.
  • K3ll0ggs
    K3ll0ggs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sending a request...anyone else, feel free to add me. =-)
  • lucero862004
    lucero862004 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sending request... just like you i've complained about my wt forever, but when i do "diet" the max i can stick to it is like a month! boo...I'm 26 and dont want to spend another yr of my life being unhappy with my wt, I'd much rather be confident and not worry about how i look, or what someone thinks about the way i look.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sent a request, feel free to add me
  • sgarbacik
    sgarbacik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how tough this kind of journey must be having 2 kids to look after and care for - but I know you can do it! I think the health of your entire family will improve as long as they are supportive and encourage you as you work to become healthier and fit. Once you get into a better routine you begin to really enjoy walking (which I bet would be a great activity for the fam) and eating delicious and healthy food - I bet that can be tough with the kids!

Anyway, I've had some success in losing and keeping it off but lately I've been off and now I'm deciding to get back on. I have a long way to go but I started right where you are now. You can do this and the important decisions are the little things you do every single day. The most important thing I remember is that everyday is a new day and just because you may splurge once or miss an activity just try again the next day and don't give up!

Feel free to friend me :) Best of luck!