Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Options
Can someone give me some healthy breakfast ideas? Preferably a quick meal that only takes a few minutes to prepare. I don't have much time on my break to eat before work.

Replies

• erinmick2
    erinmick2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.. not a lot of time before work. I usually microwave some egg whites and add turkey sausage or make oatmeal w/ flaxseed meal the night before and heat it up the next morning. Also, add protein powder to everything I can haha
  • cuteazz1
    Options
    Most days I eat a Homemade "Egg Mcmuffin" I cook oscar meyer center cut bacon ahead of time..Like 3 days worth,or if I'm using Canadian bacon thats like 20 seconds in the microwave.I pop the english muffin in the toaster,while I cook the egg..add a slice of cheese..takes like 7 minutes.I'll eat yogurt with that if Im at home or a piece of fruit on the go....Sometimes I make the same thing on a low carb tortilla and roll it up.

Greek Yogurt,Granola,Berries.

Toast,peanut butter,bananas.

Sometimes I mix eggs,turkey sausage,veggies,cheese and bake it in muffin tins to eat during the week..30 seconds in the microwave.

Sometimes I eat the meat from Last nights dinner,chop it up,add veggies and eggs..scramble.
  • mama4loca
    Options
    Love the idea about cooking up the eggs in muffin tins! Gonna do that :)
  • cuteazz1
    Options
    The trick with ALL meals is to ALWAYS make enough for 3 meals..I do this with EVERYTHING..When I make chicken breast I'll cook 3 but 1 will go in todays salad,1 will be a chicken taco for lunch tomorrow and 1 will be a sandwich so I cooked once for 3 meals....Do this with your breakfast items.Have all of your veggies cut and ready.Tortillas are like perfect for quick meals...soft tacos,quesadillas,turkey wraps w Avocado,cheesesteak rollups w steakums,peppers and cheese,breakfast burritos,BLT's...
  • shoomai1227
    shoomai1227 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I saw a box of Emerald Breakfast on the Go. The flavor is Apples & Cinnamon Oatmean Nut Blend. It has Apple Oatmeal Clusters, Apple Cinnamon Glazed Almonds, Raisins and Dried Apple Slices. There are 5 pouches in each box. Each pouch is 1.5 oz and is 180 calories. They are delicious!!!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a protein shake. Keeps me full til lunch, helps me hit my macros, cheap, and fast! I use Body Fortress chocolate ($15 for a huge container), one cup whole organic milk, and one cup cold coffee. Shake and add ice. Tastes like a light mocha and is 290 cals.
  • bynonmurrayc
    bynonmurrayc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    - Greek Yogurt is great with some almonds/granola (very high in protien)

- Eggwhites are the most pure form of protien you can get with veryyyy little calories. I make an eggwhite omelette with goat cheese, which is the leanest cheese. Another thing i do with eggwhites is hard boil an egg, cut it in half, take the yolk out, and fill it with hummus or some other high protein filling :)

- almond butter and bananna is another favorite of mine, it fills you up and is very fast!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I love Fage fat-free plain yogurt with 1/4 cup Bear Naked Granola with Protein. Only 240 cals, but it has 24g of protein.
  • dmlmom
    Options
    If you like hard boiled eggs, Egglands Best makes them prepackaged. You can just grab and go.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    1 serving Kashi go lean cereal. Mix together 1/2 - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 2 serving 100 % egg whites & 1 scoop whey protein. Poor into cereal.

1 serving instant plain oatmeal. Mix in sugar free jelly. Add 1 tbsp natural PB on top.