person posts interesting topic...

Options
kealambert
kealambert Posts: 961 Member
you read, see they're attractive and check profile briefly, go back to thread and keep reading, see 'so my husband...' and subsequently stop reading

anyone else have this feeling here?

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Nope, but probably because I'm married. It has never once occurred to me to check someone's profiles or pictures if I think they're even slightly attractive.

I might check them out if they say something that hits home with my weight loss journey and I would like to add them as a friend.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Nope. Intelligence, wit, determination, and motivation interest me more than someone's relationship status.
    But I'm not here to date. I'm here to work.
    Well, OK, and play a little when I'm bored. :wink:
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Just you creeper. :laugh: This is MFP. Think your looking for eharmony or match.com.
  • hunderwoman
    hunderwoman Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just you creeper. :laugh: This is MFP. Think your looking for eharmony or match.com.

That was funny!
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    since when did MFP become a dating site lol
  • smokinjackd
    Options

BwahahahahahahahahahhahhHaha.
  • NeonRainbow83
    NeonRainbow83 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nope. Intelligence, wit, determination, and motivation interest me more than someone's relationship status.
    But I'm not here to date. I'm here to work.
    Well, OK, and play a little when I'm bored. :wink:

This. ^^

I've had people actually verbally flip out at me for not informing them of my marital status before we start talking. Lol
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    like anyone actually hooks up and/or starts a relationship off a worldwide forum...
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    like anyone actually hooks up and/or starts a relationship off a worldwide forum...

It would be interesting to find out actually, I would bet it does happen, more than you'd think.
  • Onmynewadventure
    Options
    Maybe the OP just takes everything a little too serious. There is a lot of flirting on here but it is mostly harmless. Everyone likes to be flirted with!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

It would be interesting to find out actually, I would bet it does happen, more than you'd think.

I could be wrong, but I think he was being facetious.

I met my boyfriend through this site. I wasn't looking for it, but he messaged me one day, I responded, it turned into a few days of nonstop messaging, then phone calls, then Skype, then a face-to-face meeting, and the rest is history. It happens.

I can understand why you'd stop reading once you found out someone was taken. It can cause problems that are easily avoided by just pretending that person doesn't exist. And it amazes me how some people act like their friends list is full of members of the opposite sex solely because they are so interesting or they have the world's greatest weight loss tips to share. Get serious.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Nope.... I have plenty of married friends and single friends. Not here to date - here to make supportive friends and have fun!!