Quick healthy/low fat desserts for family dinners

Options
yayjay
yayjay Posts: 84 Member
Hi all, looking for your collective wisdom, its my turn to made dessert for family dinner, we are all trying to do a health kick so i was thinking something along the lines of a crumble but any ideas would be great! - it needs to be quick and low fat

Replies

• newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    bake a cake - but dont use the added stuff like milk and oil --- just add a can of diet soda.

Try white cake and orange soda or cherry coke (diet) or try any combo. Top with cool whip. Or crumble the cake- and layer using a layer of cake- strawberries layer- layer of cake- more berries or banana's- and then cool whip in between as well... try other things in this 'trifle'

Or mix cake mix --spice is great-- with pumpkin puree - so so good and easy. Yes - 2 items and then frost or not - find a low cal frosting or leave this be as is.

Only other real simple healthy desert I got is berries and cool whip- a giant fruit salad or sugar free pudding and whatever you can add to pudding to make it more interesting.
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Low-fat ricotta cheese, mixed with a touch of vanilla extract and stevia, topped with fresh berries. Yum!!
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    trying this for sure
    bake a cake - but dont use the added stuff like milk and oil --- just add a can of diet soda.

Try white cake and orange soda or cherry coke (diet) or try any combo. Top with cool whip. Or crumble the cake- and layer using a layer of cake- strawberries layer- layer of cake- more berries or banana's- and then cool whip in between as well... try other things in this 'trifle'

Or mix cake mix --spice is great-- with pumpkin puree - so so good and easy. Yes - 2 items and then frost or not - find a low cal frosting or leave this be as is.

Only other real simple healthy desert I got is berries and cool whip- a giant fruit salad or sugar free pudding and whatever you can add to pudding to make it more interesting.
  • yayjay
    yayjay Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the brilliant suggestions! cant wait to try them all,

i ended up making lemonade scones SO EASY with crushed frozen berries and low fat yoghurt
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Berries or peaches/nectarines with a bit of cream and splenda!

Greek yogurt blended with fruit or frozen berries of your choice

Fiber one brownies

Arctic zero ice cream: 150 cals for an entire pint with protein and fiber! Pretty good, and half was more than necessary but about $5.50 a pop
  • weezieleopard
    Options
    I just made some brownies! Too be honest they're kind of bitter so I think next time i will use a different kind of chocolate :)

100g Butter
    80g organic dark chocolate
    1/2 cocoa
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/3 cup Natvia
    90g prunes (blended)
    2 1/2 tbsp chocolate whey protein powder
    1 tsp vanilla essence
    3 eggs beaten
    1/2 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 180.
    Melt butter and chocolate, sift in cocoa, over low heat.
    Remove from heat.
    Sift in flour, natvia, prunes, protein powder and vanilla essence. Stir with spoon.
    Add eggs and beat.
    Add milk and beat.
    Pour in tin and cook for 20-30mins.

Tips: You can add more Natvia or prunes if it’s too bitter.
    Protein is added to make you feel more full.
    Using milk chocolate could make it more sweet and less bitter instead of dark.
  • Ghilber
    Ghilber Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had the low calorie jelly last night (1/2 the pack which is actually 2 serves) and 2 strawberries cut up in with it.
    Awesome dessert and only 20 calories.
    You have to make the jelly in advance though.
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    big bump!