Hi I'm a MFP newbie, looking for inspirational friends :)

Options
Hi I'm Debbie...26yo 5'1" 192lbs, ultimate goal is to lose 40-50lbs...but i think my first goal would be to get off my lazy butt and incorporate exercise into my life period lol. I enjoy walking, (could do it for hours) and I do enjoy healthy food, I just have trouble finding the motivation to do those 2 things together in a way that would help me lose wt. So here I am, looking for people like me who are tired of the being the "fat one"

And because I can never seem to be on the right track for longer than a month, what tips does anyone have for sticking things through? What does your avg day look like work/food/exercise?

Replies

• waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    welcome :)
  • shrinkingfeefee
    shrinkingfeefee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and to myself!!! I am also a newbie(signed up just now as well) and ready to get started on this road to success! I have a quite a bit more weight to lose than you (360, 5'7, 25 yr old mother) but regardless I am here to offer any support I can and I would love to have the same!!!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I found since i started back on here I am able to stay motivated and all the fiends i made help with that I find myself checking in a few times a day to see how everyone is doing and i want to give them support too so I make sure i sign on everyday. You can add me as a friend if you like my diary is open to view.
  • RebmaGe1sha
    RebmaGe1sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome to MFP!
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish. Thats for everyone
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lets help each other! Add me, if you like ;))
  • HaySpencer
    Options
    new here too
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... I'm newish as well. I try to stay motivated by running with friends.... and my making new friends that like to be active. I found a local running group on meetup dot com that I really like. I also like doing workout DVDs at home... Currently loving the Jillian Michaels stuff. You can find workout routines on YouTube as well.

Remember that the hard work will pay off! =)
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hey Debbie :)

welcome to MFP and feel free to add me for encouragement and motivation :)

I had been MFP since March 2012 :) hope I can give u all the support u need and vice versa :)
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I always change it up, make tiny challenges for myself, and always hop back on. Every time I haven't worked out for a few days, I say it's okay and get up the next day. I try not to focus on my failures and just know that every minute, every rep, every effort counts. I switch it up because trying new things keeps it fun. Try dancing, workout videos, weight training, whatever is fun! Also remember nothing good every comes easy so push yourself! You got this! :D
  • bobbibrowngirlie
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I've been off and on here but still find it better that WW or SW - mainly because it's free! lol

I'm 40yo and need to lose 60lb and more importantly keep it off.
  • collkikit
    Options
    I'm new too. Add me!
  • pctech214
    Options
    Hello everyone, the name is Mike I am 25 6ft tall and way to over weight for my own self of 290 pounds. I have been trying to lose weight for over five years and i have not lost a single pound. I have working out using different types of workout every type of diet out there and i still get no results and it is very frustrating. I am at my wits end hoping by joining MFP I can actually start losing weight
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I've been here since June and I've been dieting for many many years. I have lost most recently 60+ pounds and I'm on my way to being a healthy fit person. I would love to help anyone that wants help and enjoy giving inspiration as often as I can. We can all do this...stick with it and show the world.
  • pctech214
    Options
    Jerbear how did you lose so much i am very desperate right now to do anything i can to help myself
  • m3dreamer2011
    Options
    Welcome! This place is great for support and encouragement. Good luck with your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend :)